Come and join us for a mince pie, carols and a chance to learn all about UCLH at our annual Festive Open Event on Thursday 3 December 2015 from 3-6pm at University College Hospital – 235 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BU.
Everyone is welcome to join in the fun – patients and their families, members, students and anyone interested in healthcare.
With over 40 interactive stands and displays, guests will have the opportunity to:
- Chat to senior doctors, nurses and clinical researchers and find out about new treatments, services and research happening at our hospitals
- Learn about our plans for the future – including Proton Beam Therapy, one of the world’s most advanced forms of radiotherapy
- Watch and take part in demonstrations – have you got what it takes to be a surgeon?
- Take a health check (limited places)
- Join a behind-the-scenes tour of some of our clinical departments and services. Please book on the day at the event (not bookable in advance). Spaces are limited and allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis
- Find out how you can get involved by becoming a member, volunteering, donating to our charity or finding out about working at UCLH
- Take part in quizzes and fun competitions
- Join in with a festive sing-song with our carol singers, enjoy live entertainment plus watch our surprise guest hit the switch and light up our Christmas tree! No need to book – just turn up!
Our hospitals and services exhibiting include:
- University College Hospital and the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson maternity wing
- University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre
- National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Eastman Dental Hospital
- Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital
- Institute of Sport, Exercise and Health.
The closest Tube stations are Warren Street (Victoria and Northern lines) and Euston Square (Circle, Hammersmith and City and Metropolitan lines).
If you have any queries please contact the UCLH communications unit on 020 3447 9118/9746.