Dr Waheeda Pagarkar is a Consultant in Audiovestibular Medicine at University College London Hospital. Dr Pagarkar trained in Audiovestibular Medicine at leading centres across London including Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital. She has undertaken research at University College London investigating VEMPs (vestibular evoked myogenic potentials). Dr Pagarkar specialises in the management of balance difficulties in children. She practices at both University College London Hospital and at the Hackney Ark, Downs Park Road, Hackney. Dr Pagarkar is also involved in teaching and training with her clinical practice.
Aetiological investigations, balance disorders in children, vemps, genetic hearing loss, auditory neuropathy.
- Aetiological investigations of permanent hearing loss in adults and children. Pagarkar W. Hearing Balance and Communication epub ahead of print July 2016. DOI: 10.1080/21695717.2016.1204099
- Guidelines for aetiological investigation into severe to profound bilateral permanent childhood hearing impairment April 2015 BAAP website
- Guidelines for aetiological investigation into mild to moderate bilateral permanent childhood hearing impairment April 2015 BAAP website
- Guidelines for aetiological investigation into uniateral permanent childhood hearing impairment April 2015 BAAP website
- Luxon L and Pagarkar W. Vestibular and Autonomic interaction in Autonomic Failure in Eds Mathias C, Bannister R A Textbook of Clinical Disorders of the Autonomic Nervous System. Oxford University Press 2013
- Pagarkar W, Spyridakou C. Anatomy and Pathophysiology of Dizziness and Vertigo in Neuro-otology section of ebrain. Joint Neurosciences Council. 2012
- Pagarkar W, Gunny R, Saunders D, Li W, Rajput K. Bony cochlear nerve canal in children with hypoplastic or absent cochlear nerves. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology. 2011 Jun;75(6):764-73.
- Pagarkar W, Bamiou DE, Ridout D, Luxon L. Subjective Visual Vertical and Horizontal Effect of the Preset Angle. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2008;134(4):394-401.
- Luxon L and Pagarkar W The Dizzy Child in Eds Graham J, Scadding G, Bull P Textbook of Paediatric ENT. Springer 2007
- Pagarkar W, Bitner-Glinzicz M, Knight J, Sirimanna T. Postnatal onset of connexin 26 hearing loss. International Journal of Otorhinolaryngology 2006; 70(6):1119-24.
- Pagarkar W, Bamiou D, Ridout D, Luxon L. Intrasubject reliability of the Subjective Visual Vertical and Horizontal. Journal of Audiological Medicine 2005;3:158.
- Pagarkar W, Davies R. Dizziness. Medicine, 2004; 32(9):18-23.
GMC/GDC number: 5201995