Sarah Creighton is a consultant gynaecologist and honorary clinical professor at University College London Hospital. She is also the consultant adolescent gynaecologist at Great Ormond Street Hospital London. She specialises in paediatric and adolescent gynaecology and complex congenital and acquired genital anomalies including female genital mutilation. She is a member of the UCLH multidisciplinary service for Disorders of Sex Development. She is a founder member and past Chair of the British Society for Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology (BritSPAG) and a founder member of the Female Genital Mutilation National Clinical Group.
Gynaecological and sexual outcomes in girls and women following reconstructive surgery for acquired and congenital genital conditions.
Sarah Creighton has over 200 publications in her field.
Five recent key papers:
- Creighton SM, Dear J, de Campos C, Williams L, Hodes D Multidisciplinary approach to the management of children with female genital mutilation (FGM) or suspected FGM: service description and case series. BMJ Open 2016 Feb 29;6(2)
- Liao, L. -M., Wood, D., & Creighton, S. M. (2015). Parental choice on normalising cosmetic genital surgery. BMJ, h5124. doi:10.1136/bmj.h5124
- Michala, L., Liao, L. -M., Wood, D., Conway, G. S., & Creighton, S. M. (2014). Practice changes in childhood surgery for ambiguous genitalia? Journal of Pediatric Urology, 10(5), 934-940.
- Nahkal RS, Hall-Craggs M, Freeman A, Kirkham A, Conway GS, Arora R, Woodhouse CR, Wood DN, Creighton SM Evaluation of retained testes in adolescent girls and women with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome. Radiology 2013 July:268(1):153-60
- Liao LM, Taghinejadi N, Creighton SM An analysis of the content and clinical implications of online advertisements for female genital cosmetic surgery. BMJ Open 2012 Nov 21:2(6)
GMC/GDC number: 2932167