Getting here - maps and travel guide 

University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre
Huntley Street

University College Hospital (UCH)
235 Euston Road

How to get here

We recommend that you travel to the UCH main building and the Cancer Centre by public transport. There are no allocated parking facilities at either site.

By bus

Tottenham Court Road - Northbound (Warren Street station) -
no’s 10, 73, 24, 29, 134
Gower Street - Southbound (University Street) -
no’s 10, 24, 29, 73, 134
Euston Road - no’s 18, 27, 30, 88

By Tube

Warren Street (Northern / Victoria Lines) and Euston Square (Circle / Hammersmith & City / Metropolitan Lines) are both located within a five minute walk of the UCH main building and Cancer Centre sites.

For further travel information please go to Transport for London.

Blue Badge

Patients with a Blue Badge can apply for a parking dispensation. They will need to come into the hospital bringing with them their appointment letter, Blue Badge (this must belong to the person attending the appointment or a guardian) and their car registration number. If you have been given a follow-up appointment you can arrange your next dispensation before leaving the hospital, providing you have your appointment letter, Blue Badge and car registration number.

Congestion Charge zone

Please be aware that the Cancer Centre and UCH main building are in the Congestion Charge zone. For details of how to pay, contact Congestion Charging at Transport for London on 0845 900 1234 or click here

If you are a Blue Badge holder, please click here for details on how to register.

Hospital transport

Patients who are medically unfit to travel by any other means, may be eligible for hospital transport. Patients are given an assessment about their clinical condition and mobility by a member of a nurse-led assessment team to see if they qualify.
If you think you are eligible and wish to be assessed, you can contact the transport assessment team on 020 3456 7010 as soon as you receive your appointment.
If you need help to apply for hospital transport, a friend, a relative or a carer can call on your behalf.

Can I claim a refund of my hospital travel costs?

If you are travelling to the hospital for NHS treatment under the care of a consultant you may be able to claim a refund. You can make a claim if you are in receipt of any one of the following benefits:

 Income Support
• Pension Credit – Guarantee Credit only
• Income based Jobseekers Allowance
• Income Based Employment and Support Allowance
• Working Tax Credit (exemption card)
• Child Tax Credit (exemption card)
• NHS low Income Scheme (HC2/HC3 form)

How do I make a claim?

Collect a completed Attendance Slip from your clinic/ward reception area and take the documents below to the Cashiers Office on the ground floor of the hospital:
• Attendance slip
• Proof of your travel costs i.e. tickets, travel receipts or Oyster Card
• Proof of your entitlement that you are in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits.

The claim will be validated by the cashier and if the documentation is correct, payment will be made on the day.
All travel costs will be calculated based on the cheapest form of transport.
If you have travelled by car, petrol costs are calculated on a “pence per mile” rate, based on the distance between the hospital and your home address.