Dental Hygienists and Dental Therapists work as part of the Dental Team delivering a wide range of care to improve the oral health of patients.
Dental Hygienists and Dental Therapists work in a variety of settings:
- general dental practices
- dental hospitals
- specialist practice
The school offers training programmes which allow students to gain the professional qualifications for first registration with the General Dental Council.
The Diploma in Dental Hygiene programme admits 12 students each year. This programme is funded by Health Education North West London.
The Diploma in Dental Therapy programme (combined with the Diploma in Dental Hygiene) admits 10 students each year. This programme is funded by Health Education Thames Valley.
There are no tuition fees for students.
Students are taught by a dedicated team of dental clinical academic staff in a unit with a clinical skills laboratory and 2 clinical areas (22 dental chairs). Students benefit from small group teaching for their clinical and academic learning.
Students develop their clinical decision making skills in planning holistic care of patients by treating their own patients with supervision and support from the clinical academic staff.
Students develop team working skills by working with Consultants, Post-Graduates and junior staff from the main dental specialties.
Students develop their practical skills in the clinical skills laboratory prior to treating their own patients in the two clinical areas within the School.
All teaching encourages students to explore the evidence base for all aspects of provision of clinical care.
Dental Hygiene Programme:
- The closing date for application submission for the 2014 intake is 2nd April 2014.
Dental Hygiene & Dental Therapy Programme:
- The closing date for application submission for the 2014 intake is 19 February 2014.
Please read the Prospectus carefully and confirm that you fulfil all the entry requirements.
You may apply if you will complete the necessary qualifications this year.
Please do not submit an application unless you fulfil all the entry requirements and can provide all the necessary supporting documentation.
- A selection of applicants will be short-listed for selection assessment for each training programme after the appropriate closing date.
- We will not consider any applicant who applies after the published closing dates.
- We will not consider applicants who have been interviewed on two previous occasions for either training programme.
- Student Recruitment opens annually in the autumn / winter of each year.
- Applications should not be submitted at any other time during the year outside of recruitment.