This clinic offers a programme of therapies to complement conventional cancer treatments such as chemotherapy, radiotherapy and surgery.
It does not offer a cure for cancer, nor a replacement for treatment already being received from other specialists in conventional cancer care.
Dr Sosie Kassab directs the service supported by other trained healthcare professionals, including a physician, nurses, an occupational therapist, dietitian, physiotherapist and clinical psychologist.
- Offer a patient-centred approach, safely integrating complementary therapies appropriately for symptoms associated with cancer or its treatment.
- Offer high quality information on the effectiveness and safety of our therapies.
- Support emotional and physical wellbeing.
- Encourage self help and empowerment for patients.
A programme of care is tailored to each individual. This is done on the basis of their needs and preferences and may include:
- Art therapy
- Autogenic training
- Iscador (a mistletoe preparation)
If you are unable to attend your appointment please let us know at least 48 hours beforehand so we can offer your appointment to someone else. If you do not attend your appointment without telling us we may refer you back to your GP.
Following your treatment you will be referred back to your GP.
The RLHIM is also a teaching hospital and from time to time other healthcare professionals may observe in outpatient clinics as part of a training course. We will always ask your permission for students to sit in during your consultation. You do not have to have students present if you would prefer not to.