This child-focused clinic offers holistic, integrated care to treat a wide variety of clinical conditions.
Commonly treated childhood illnesses include:
- Recurrent infections (e.g. tonsillitis, otitis, bronchitis, herpes)
- Allergic disorders (e.g. hay fever, asthma, multiple food intolerance)
- Bowel disorders (e.g. gastro-oesophageal reflux, constipation, abdominal migraine, IBS, inflammatory bowel disease)
- Feeding difficulties
- Rheumatic conditions (e.g. juvenile arthritis)
- Skin diseases (e.g. acne, eczema, psoriasis, urticaria, vitiligo, molluscum, warts)
- Pain syndromes
- Management of anxiety and stress
- Sleep problems
- Functional developmental and learning problems (including autism spectrum disorders)
- Behavioural concerns and disorders (including hyperactivity and ADHD)
All children are seen by conventionally trained clinicians who specialise in complementary medicine.
Based in the UCLH Children’s Outpatient Department, the team is integrated with the trust’s paediatric team.
All the treatments provided can be used safely alongside conventional treatments.
We also find the service is popular with parents who may be concerned about potential adverse side-effects of conventional drugs as we are able to advise on both conventional and complementary treatments.