The Children’s Service has been established to provide complementary care alongside orthodox treatments. The clinic sees children up to 17 years with a wide variety of illnesses.
Some of the common conditions seen by the team include:
- Recurrent infections, such as tonsillitis, ear infection (otitis), bronchitis and herpes
- Allergic disorders, such as hay fever, asthma and multiple food intolerance
- Bowel disorders, such as gastro-oesophageal reflux, constipation, abdominal migraine, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and inflammatory bowel disease
- Feeding difficulties
- Rheumatic conditions, such as juvenile arthritis
- Skin diseases, such as acne, eczema, psoriasis, urticaria, vitiligo, molluscum and warts
- Pain syndromes
- Management of anxiety and stress
- Sleep problems
- Functional developmental and learning problems including autism spectrum disorders
- Behavioural concerns and disorders including hyperactivity and Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
The team also provides complementary cancer care for children using complementary treatments appropriately and safely alongside conventional management.
All children are seen by doctors who have also undertaken training and specialise in complementary medicine.
The team work closely with the UCLH paediatric team.
All the treatments provided by the children’s clinic team can be used safely alongside conventional treatments.
We can also offer advice to parents on both conventional and complementary treatments.
If you are unable to attend your appointment please let us know at least 48 hours beforehand so we can offer your appointment to someone else. If you do not attend your appointment without telling us we may refer you back to your GP.
Following your treatment you will be referred back to your GP.
All our children’s clinics are held at the Children and Young People’s Unit which is located at the main UCH hospital. Please see the map on the back of the leaflet. The address is:
Elizabeth Gareth Anderson Wing (EGA)
University College Hospital
235 Euston Road