The General Medicine Clinic is led by three consultant physicians accredited in Internal Medicine. The team also includes doctors and nurses, a dietitian, a physiotherapist, an occupational therapist and a psychotherapist.
The team is trained in many areas of complementary medicine allowing them to offer a fully integrated General Medicine service.
General Medicine Clinic offers a full range of diagnostic investigations as well as a variety of treatments and advice on orthodox treatment.
The Clinic offers an individualised and patient centred service for a wide range of medical conditions, particularly chronic or complex ailments which can benefit from an highly individualised approach. The service also aims to empower patients through advice, information, and empathetic treatment.
The General Medicine Clinic is able to review all conditions. Some of the most common conditions treated in this clinic are:
- Recurrent infections (colds, sore throats, cystitis, thrush, chest infections, bacterial infections)
- Medically unexplained physical symptoms (MUPS)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Fatigue illnesses
- Digestive disorders
- Type II diabetes (alongside orthodox medication)
- Coronary heart disease
- Benign arrhythmias
- Chronic headache
Patients are initially assessed by a physician in an in-depth consultation including a detailed discussion of their condition and potential treatments. Diagnostic investigations can be performed if necessary.
If appropriate a treatment program is suggested which may include:
- Lifestyle adjustments (diet, exercise, relaxation, pacing)
- Herbal medicine
- Mind-body techniques such as Autogenic Training, CBT and medical hypnosis
Patients will normally be discharged for GP review after a maximum of 6 appointments.