I qualified from St Bartholomews and The Royal London in 2004 and then continued to complete my general medical training in North East London. I then progressed from this to higher specialist training in General Internal and Geriatric Medicine. During this time my interest in stroke medicine developed and I consolidated this during a clinical fellowship at UCLH towards the end of my training. I triple accredited with a CCT in Stroke, General Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine in 2013. Currently Im a senior teaching fellow at UCL working with the Education Unit at ION to develop a Stroke MSc course and building an interest in clinical education. Im also on the faculty of the IMPACT course as both a teacher and curriculum developer. My clinical work is focussed solely on stroke throughout the patient journey from acute care through to the recovery phase.
- E Jiad, SK Gill, M Krutikov, D Turner, M Parkinson, C Curtis, DJ Werring. When the Heart Rules the Head: Ischaemic Stroke and Intracerebral Haemorrhage Complicating Infective Endocarditis. Practical Neurology 2017; 17-28-34
- SK Gill. Perspective: Small Victories, Geriatric Medicine and Vascular Disease in India. Age and Ageing pblished on line April 2016.
- D Werring, S Greenberg, SK Gill Foundations of Modern Stroke Medicine : The Legacy of Miller Fisher. ACNR, Nov 2015 www.acnr.co.uk/.../foundations-of-modern-stroke-medicine-
- P Bhogal, SK Gill, PA Brouwer, HLD Maklanda. Its Time to Think About the Head and the Heart ! Journal of Neurointerventional Surgery Feb 2015. Doi 10.1136/neurointsurg-2015-011700
- SK Gill, DM Collas. Reducing Door to Needle Time for Stroke Thrombolysis. BMJ Quality Improvement Reports. 2014;3: doi:10.1136/bmjquality.u204771.w2199
- DM Collas, SK Gill. BMJ Rapid Response: The Management of Atrial Fibrillation. 2014; 348: g3655
- SK Gill A Leff. Dopaminergic Therapy in Aphasia. Aphasiology Special Edition. 2014; 28(2): 155-70
- DM Collas, SK Gill, D Manawadu. A&E, GP or a Third Way for TIA Patients. Age and Ageing 2014; http://ageing.oxfordjournals.org/content/43/2/253/reply
- E Chan, S Khan, R Oliver, SK Gill, DJ Werring, L Cipolotti. Underestimation of Cognitive Impairments by the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA): A Study in Subacute Stroke. Journal of Neurological Sciences, 2014 16/5/14 www.jns-journal.com/article/S0022-510X(14)00295-0/abstract
- SK Gill, S Roberts, A Bahra. An Unusual Case of Mitochondrial Encephalopathy and Lactic Acidosis Syndrome. published online in Advances in Clinical Neuroscience and Rehabilitation, 2013.www.acnr.co.uk/2013/03/epilepsy-aggravated-by-sodium-valproate-in-melas-caused-by-the-a3243g-mitochondrial-dna-mutation/
- DS Gill, SK Gill, CJ Tredwin, FB Naini. Adult and Paediatric Basic Life Support. British Dental Journal. 2007; 202: 219-212
- SK Gill, DS Gill. Sugar and Cancer. British Dental Journal. 2006; 200:31
- DS Gill, CJ Tredwin, SK Gill, J Ironside. The Transmissable Spongiform Encephalopathies. British Dental Journal. 2001; 51(6)439-446
Cases of Stroke Medicine from Queen Square. Editors SK Gill, MM Brown, N Losseff, F Robertson. Publisher Springer, 2015, authored and co authored multiple chapters, proceeds to charity
Work-shadowing and observations lead to oral presentations and contributions to a patient newsletter at UCL Institute of Neurology, accepted for publication in A Connected Curriculum for Higher Education, Ed D Fung, 2017, UCL Press