As a consultant anaesthetist at UCLH (FRCA, FFFPMRCA, MD), I developed a strong interest in acute and chronic pain management. I currently lead the Acute Pain Team and also overlook the inpatient chronic pain patient service at UCLH.
Teaching and research form an important part of my responsibilities and make life as a consultant challenging and interesting. I am also the lead clinician for vascular anaesthesia working within a world class Multidisciplinary Endovascular Team at UCLH. I have been examining for the European Society of Anaesthesiology for many years, in German and English.
- Acute and ongoing pain
- Psychopharmacology and pharmacokinetics of anaesthetic drugs
- Chong MS, Brandner B. Neuropathic agents and pain. New strategies. Biomed Pharmacother. 2006 Jun 30; [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 16842964 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
- M Blagrove, CJA Morgan, HV Curran, B Brandner. The incidence of unpleasant dreams after sub-anaesthetic ketamine. Psychopharmacology (2008) 203:109-120
- Friswell J, Phillips C, Holding J, Morgan CJ, Brandner B, Curran HV. Acute effects of opioids on memory functions of healthy men and women. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2008 Jun;198(2):243-50
- B Brandner, M Nagaratnam: Interventional techniques for chronic pain in OPML Chronic pain eds A Dickman, K H Simpson 2008 ISBN 9780199230280
- Acute Pain OPML Editors L Bromley, B Brandner Oxford University Press 2010, ISBN 978-0-19-923472