- Bachelor of Dental Surgery, December 1985 - University College Hospital, London
- Master of Science in Prosthodontics, December 1991 - University of Texas Health Science Centre at San Antonio, USA
- Prosthetics House surgeon - University College Hospital, London. February 1986 - July 1986.
- Senior House Officer in Oral Surgery - Edgware General Hospital, London. August 1986 - September 1986
- Senior House Officer in Oral Surgery - Middlesex Hospital, London. September 1986- November 1986.
- General Dental Practitioner - Berkhamsted, Herts andDunstable, Beds. December 1986 - June 1989.
- Prosthodontic resident- University of Texas Health
- Science Centre at San Antonio. July 1989 - January 1992.
- Advanced training in fixed, removable, implant and maxillofacial prosthodontics.
- Courses in basic sciences, research methodology, clinical hospital procedures and psychodynamics.
- Clinical and laboratory teaching of removable prosthodontics to undergraduate students.
- Organisation of a solo outreach mobile clinic to provide complete dentures for the indigent population of Rio Grande Valley colonias.
- Surgical Prosthodontist – Head & Neck Cancer services University College London Hospitals. February 1992 - present.
- Maxillofacial prosthodontic rehabilitation. Teaching of post-graduate students from Eastman Dental Hospital.
- Private Practice - 31 Harley Street, London W1. January 1992 - present.
- The accuracy of six impression techniques for osseointegrated implants. Barrett MG, de Ryjk WG and Burgess JO. J Dent Research. Vol 71/Special Issue/IADR (607) 1992.
- The accuracy of six impression techniques for osseointegrated implants. Barrett MG, de Ryjk WG and Burgess JO. Journal of Prosthodontics Vol 2, No(June),1993:pp 75-82.
- Effect of environmental stress and surface treatment on resin-to-metal bonding. Smith RM, Barrett MG, Gardner WA et al. American Journal of Dentistry Vol 6, No 3(June),1993:pp 111-115.
- Esthetic and functional rehabilitation in patients with cleft lip and palate. Vasilios A. Bousdras, Peter R. Ayliffe, Mark Barrett, Colin Hopper. Annals of Maxillofacial Surgery |January - June 2015 Volume 5 Issue 1.
- Percutaneous implant retention of a nasal prosthesis. Andrew Dawood, Nicholas Kalavrezos, Mark Barrett & Susan Tanner. Journal Prosthetic Dentistry Vol 117, Issue 1, P186-190, Jan 01 2017