Dr Waseem Bakkour MD, MSc, MRCP Derm (UK) is a consultant dermatologist and dermatological (Mohs) surgeon at UCLH. After completing his general medical training and becoming a member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP) in 2010, Waseem undertook his specialist dermatology training at the world-renowned tertiary Dermatology Centre in Manchester. He was awarded the certificate of completion of training in dermatology (CCT) in 2014 and subsequently undertook a prestigious 18-month, Royal College approved, fellowship in dermatological and Mohs micrographic surgery, lasers and cosmetic dermatology at the same centre. He gained further experience at the internationally-recognised Johns Hopkins Hospital, Maryland, USA.
In addition to seeing patients with general dermatology complaints, Dr Bakkour runs the skin cancer screening service and has a special interest in dermatological and Mohs surgery, lasers and cosmetic dermatology. He has also established the Mohs assessment clinic at UCLH.
- Skin cancer
- Dermatological and Mohs micrographic surgery
- Panou E, Watchorn R, Bakkour W, Ratynska M, Bunker BB. Multiple eruptive dermatofibromas in HIV: an immune reconstitution associated disease?. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. 2020;34:100-101
- Ali FR, Bakkour W, Ferguson JE, Madan V. Carbon dioxide laser ablation of dermatosis papulose nigra: high satisfaction and few complications in patients with pigmented skin. Lasers in Medical Science. 2016;31:595-5.
- Bakkour W, Purssell H, Chinoy H, Griffiths CEM, Warren RB. The risk of post-operative complications in psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis patients on biologic therapy undergoing surgical procedures. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. 2016;30:86-91
- Chiang YZ, Bakkour W, Ghhura V. A simple method for maintaining control of sutures to prevent sharps injuries and protect aseptic conditions. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology. 2015;73:e109
- Bakkour W, Madan V. Carbone dioxide laser perforation and extirpation of steatocystoma multiplex. Dermatologic Surgery. 2014; 40:658-62
- Bakkour W, Chalmers RJ. Contact leucoderma induced by fentanyl patches. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology. 2014; 39:533-4.
- Bakkour W, Chularojanamontri L, Motta L, Chalmers RJ. Successful use of dapsone for the management of circinate balanitis. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology. 2014; 39:333-5.
- Bakkour W, Madan V. Rhinophyma-like granuloma faciale successfully treated with the carbon dioxide laser. British Journal of Dermatology. 2014; 170:474-5.
- Bakkour W, Gardner LS, Coulson IH. Leiomyoma in Treatment of Skin Disease, 4th edition. Elsevier publications, 2014.Bakkour W, Ann K Haylett, Neil K. Gibbs, Robert J.G. Chalmers, Lesley E. Rhodes.Photodistributed telangiectasia induced by calcium channel blockers: case report and review of the literature. Photodermatology, Photoimmunology & Photomedicine journal. 2013; 29:272-5
- Bakkour W, Madan V. Mohs Micrographic Surgery miscellaneous indications. Expert Review of Dermatology. 2013; 8: 383-394.
- Bakkour W, Ghura V. Medial Eyebrow Defects: Reconstruction with Whole Eyebrow Subcutaneous Island Pedicle. Opthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal. 2013; 29: 330-2.
- Bakkour W, Motta L, Stewart E. A case of secondary erythromelalgia with unusual histological findings. American Journal of Dermatopathology. 2013; 35: 489-90.
- Bakkour W, Coulson IH, Sahasrabudhe N. Adalimumab induced medium sized vessel vasculitis. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology. 2012; 37(5): 562-4
- Bakkour W, Coulson IH. GA101 (a novel anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody) induced lichenoid eruption. Dermatology and Therapy. 2012; 2(1):3