Peter Andrews BSc.(Hons), MD, FRCS (ORL-HNS) is the Senior Consultant Surgeon in Rhinology and Facial Plastic Surgery at the Royal National ENT and Eastman Dental Hospital and Consultant Anterior Skull Base Surgeon at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery.
Clinical Director of ENT surgery at the RNENTEDH, Chairman of the North Central London (NCL) ENT network and ENT Clinical Lead for the NHSE/GIRFT elective recovery programme.
Current President of the British Society of Facial Plastic Surgery and President Elect of the Rhinology Section of the Royal Society of Medicine.
As the Associate Professor of Rhinology at University College London and Academic Lead for Rhinology at UCL he has published over 70 peer reviewed publications and runs an olfactory and rhinology PhD programme at the EAR Institute. His research interests include medical device innovation and surgical treatments for smell loss with strong collaborations with the UCL Institute of Neurology and Neuroradiology. He is the UCLH 'Long COVID' lead for smell.
- Leong SC, Mogre D, Andrews P, Davies E. Reducing the risks of endoscopic sino-nasal surgery in the COVID-19 era. Clin Otolaryngol. 2021 Feb 16. doi: 10.1111/coa.13743.
- Andrews P; Pendolino L; Ottaviano G; Scarpa B; Grant J; Gaudioso P; BordinA; Marchese-Ragona R; Leoni D; Cattelan, A; Kaura, A; Gane, S; Hamilton N; Choi D; Andrews J. Olfactory and taste dysfunction among mild-to-moderate symptomatic COVID-19 positive healthcare workers: an international survey. Laryngoscope Investig Otolaryngol Dec 2020 2;5 (6): 1019-1028. doi: 10.1002/lio2.507
- Pendolino L; Ottaviano G; Scarpa B; Cattelan, A, Andrews J, Andrews P. Characteristics of taste dysfunction in COVID-19 subjects coming from two different countries. Journal of Neurovirology. Under review 2020.
- Li CH, Kaura A, Tan C, Whitcroft K, Leung T, Andrews P. Diagnosing nasal obstruction and its common causes using the nasal acoustic device: a pilot study. Laryngoscope Investigative Otolaryngology. 2020 DOI:10.1002/lio2.445
- COVIDTrach; the outcomes of mechanically ventilated COVID-19 patients undergoing tracheostomy in the UK: Interim Report. (Andrews P). COVIDTrach; the outcomes of mechanically ventilated COVID-19 patients undergoing tracheostomy in the UK: Interim Report. British Journal Surgery. 2020 Sept. doi: 10.1002/bjs.12020.
- Unadkat S, Andrews P, Bertossi D, Joshi A, Shandilya M, Saleh H. Recovery of elective facial plastic surgery in the post- COVID-era: recommendations from the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (EAFPS). Facial Plastic Surgery & Aesthetic Medicine. 2020 May 14. doi:10.1089/fpsam.2020.0258.
- Unadkat S, Andrews P, Bertossi D, Joshi A, Shandilya M, Saleh H. Response to Whitehead et al. re: "Recovery of Elective Facial Plastic Surgery in the Post-Coronavirus Disease 2019 Era: Recommendations from the European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery Task Force" Facial Plastic Surgery & Aesthetic Medicine. DOI: 10.1089/fpsam.2020.0289
- Pendolino L, Randhawa P, Andrews P. How Can We Reduce the Use of Nasal Endoscopy in the Outpatient Setting During COVID-19? 2020 American Journal Rhinology Allergy. DOI: 10.1177/1945892420939813
- Zhang, H., Pendolino, A.L., Saeed, S.R. Andrews PJ. Botulinum Toxin Injection in Facial Paralysis and Other Neuromuscular Conditions. Curr Otorhinolaryngol Rep (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40136-020-00306-6
- Pendolino L, Unadkat S, Zhang H, Pendolino M, Bianchi G, Randhawa P, Andrews P. The role of surgery in antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody–associated vasculitides affecting the nose and sinuses: A systematic review. Sage Open Med. 2020. DOI: 10.1177/2050312120936731
- Unadkat S, Pendolino L, Kwame I, Swift A, Pusey C, Gantous A, Andrews PJ. Nasal reconstructive surgery for vasculitis affecting the nose: our two-centre international experience. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00405-020-06180-8
- Pendolino L, Jaafar, M, Unadkat S, Zhang H, Randhawa P, Andrews P. A unilateral mucoperchondrial/mucoperiosteal flap including Inferior Turbinate with Contralateral Underlay Xenograft for a large nasal septal perforation repair. Facial Plastic Surgery & Aesthetic Medicine. https://doi.org/10.1089/fpsam.2020.0022
- Ottaviano G, Nardello E, Pendolino A, Dalla P, Martino M, Savietto E, Andrews P, Ermolao A. Nasal function changes at high altitude. Am J Rhinol Allergy. 2020 Apr doi: 10.1177/1945892420916393. (Epub ahead of print).
- Pendolino AL, Randhawa P, Unadkat S, Andrews PJ. Septoplasty for nasal obstruction. Lancet. 2020 Feb 15;395(10223):493. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(19)33013-2
- Pendolino L, Foteini S, Zhang H, Leong S, Andrews P. Draf III frontal sinus surgery for the treatment of Pott’s Puffy tumour in adults: our case series and a review of frontal sinus anatomy risk factors. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2020; 277(8): 2271–2278
- Smith KE, Whitcroft K, Law S, Andrews P, Choi D, Jagger DJ. Olfactory ensheathing cells from nasal mucosa and olfactory bulb have distinct membrane properties. J Neurosci Res. 2020 May; 98(5): 888-901
- Unadkat S, Pendolino AL, Joshi A, Bhalla R, Woolford T, D'Souza A, Randhawa P, Saleh H, Andrews P. A national survey of functional septorhinoplasty surgery performed in the UK: a clinician end-user questionnaire to assess current practice and help inform future practice. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2020 Feb;277(2):475-482.