- Qualified in 1979 at University College Hospital Medical School, followed by house jobs at Addenbrooke's and University College Hospital. FRCS obtained in 1983 following general surgical training at UCH.
- Two years research at the Institute of Neurology lead to the award of Doctor of Medicine (MD) in 1987.
- Clinical neurosurgical training at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery and the Wessex Neurological Centre.
- Appointed consultant neurosurgeon at the Royal Free Hospital in 1989. Also honorary consultant neurosurgeon the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore.
- Past Chair Brain/CNS tumour board North London Cancer Network and currently clinical director neurosciences, the Royal Free Hospital.
- Clinical neuro-oncology
- Stereotaxis and image-guided neurosurgery for brain tumours
- Management of acoustic neuromas
- C.E.G Uff and R. Bradford. Use of Gliadel (BCNU) wafers in high grade glioma. Br J Neurosurgery 19(6) p520 (2005)
- H. El-Maghraby, R.S. Maurice-Williams & R. Bradford. Long –term outcome after posterior cervical foraminotomy. Br J Neurosurgery 20 (6) p439 (2006)
- H. El-Maghraby, S. Conway, A. Platt, A. Valentine, R.S. Maurice-Williams & R. Bradford. Outcome of CT guided perineural root injection in treatment of cervical and lumbar radiculopathy. Br J Neurosurgery 20 (6) p449 (2006)
- S. Achawal, S. levy, A. Koukkoulli, J. Ainsworth & R. Bradford. ‘31/62’ are we there?. Br J Neurosurgery 20 (6) p457 (2006)
- A.Chakraborty, C. Uff, R. Bradford & N. Dorward. Co-registration of the Sonosite Ultrasound probe with Neuronavigation; an alternative to intra-operative MRI. Br J Neurosurgery 20 (6) p458 (2006)
- R. Bradford, H. El-Maghraby, R. Khong, C. Collis, R. Quiney & A. Wright. Change in management strategies of acoustic neuroma. Review of 405 cases over the last 15 years. Br J Neurosurgery 20 (6) p460 (2006)
- S. Basu, T. Wilhelm, N. Dorward & R. Bradford. Impact of multislice CT scan study in neurosurgical management of patients. Br J Neurosurgery 21(2) p104 (2007)
- H El-Maghraby, C Collis, R Quiney, A Wright & R Bradford. Small and medium vestibular schwannomas: Management strategies, outcome and quality of life. Br. J. Neurosurg 21.2 p 113 (2007).
- R Bradford, H El-Maghraby, C Collis, R Quiney, & A Wright. Large sized vestibular schwannomas: Management strategies and outcome. Br. J. Neurosurg 21.2 p 114 (2007).
- Hussein El-Maghraby, Robert Bradford, C Collis, & A Wright. Large sized vestibular schwannomas: Management strategies and outcome. Skull Base.17. p 9 (2007).
- S.A.R Nouraei, H. El-Magrhaby, R. Khong, R. Quiney, R. Bradford, A. Wright. Changes in Management Strategies of Acoustic Neurroma. Review of 405 cases over the Last 15 Years. Skull Base.17. p 45 (2007).
- Hussein El-Maghraby, Robert Bradford, C Collis, & A Wright. Small and medium vestibular schwannomas: Management strategies, outcome and quality of life. Skull Base.17. p 86 (2007).
- H. El-Maghraby, N. Hindocha, R. Quiney, C. Collis, T. Wright & R. Bradford. Results of Fractionated Stereotactic Radiotherapy for patients with vestibular Schwannoma. Br. J. Neurosurg 22.2 p160 (2008).
- Plaut J, Galloway M, Childerhouse, A & Bradford R. Schwannoma with monoclonal plasma cell infiltration. J. Neursurg (2009).
- Tirabosco R, Galloway G, Bradford R, O’Donnell P and Flanagan A. Liposarcomatous differentiation in a malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor: a case report. Pathol. Res. Practice 10 ; 1016 (2009)