Sarah Creighton is a consultant gynaecologist and honorary clinical professor at UCLH. She specialises in paediatric and adolescent gynaecology and complex congenital and acquired genital anomalies including female genital mutilation. She is a member of the UCLH multidisciplinary service for Differences of Sex Development. She is a founder member and past Chair of the British Society for Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology (BritSPAG) and a founder member of the Female Genital Mutilation National Clinical Group.
Gynaecological and sexual outcomes in girls and women following reconstructive surgery for acquired and congenital genital conditions.
Sarah Creighton has over 200 publications in her field. Five recent key papers:
- Ali S, Patel R, Armitage AJ, Learner HI, Creighton SM, Hodes D. Female genital mutilation (FGM) in UK children: a review of a dedicated paediatric service for FGM Archives of Disease in Childhood 105(11):1075-1078 01 Nov 2020
- Liao LM, Hegarty P, Creighton S, Lundberg T, Roen K. Clitoral surgery on minors: An interview study with clinical experts of differences of sex development BMJ Open 9(6) 01 Jun 2019 (Journal article)
- Learner HI, Rundell C, Liao L-M, Creighton SM. 'Botched labiaplasty': a content analysis of online advertising for revision labiaplasty JOURNAL OF OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY 40(7):1000-1005 10 Dec 2019 (Journal article
- Book: Female Genital Cosmetic Surgery Solution to What Problem? Creighton, Sarah M.; Liao, Lih-Mei Published by Cambridge University Press 2019
- Book: Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology; a problem based approach. Creighton, Sarah; Balen, Adam; Breech, Lesley; Liao, Lih-Mei. Published by Cambridge University Press 2019