These clinics, based at UCLH or the Hospital for Tropical Diseases (HTD) offer infection screening and treatment for asymptomatic individuals and families, to all people migrating to the UK and living in all types of accommodation in any borough.
- Paediatric infection screening and treatment (including RESPOND unaccompanied asylum-seeking children service (UASC)) - open to all unaccompanied asylum-seeking children and young people, in partnership with local Children Looked After health services.
- Adult infection screening and treatment via the Hospital for Tropical Diseases (HTD).
- Family infection screening and treatment clinic. Families are seen together in one appointment at UCLH, supported by both adult and paediatric services.
Panel infection screening includes:
- blood: schistosoma, strongyloides, hepatitis B and C, HIV screen, syphilis, tuberculosis
- urine: chlamydia and gonorrhoea NAAT (when appropriate)
- stool: parasitic examination.
Any infections identified will be treated in specialist clinics at UCLH or HTD. All results and actions will be shared with the service user, the GP and other appropriate professionals.