We understand that the death of a family member is likely to be a very difficult and stressful time. The Bereavement Service at UCLH offers a first point of contact for relatives, next of kin and staff when a death has occurred.
We provide the following services:
- Medical Cause of Death Certificate (Required to Register a Death)
- Advice on the Death Registration Process
- What to do next
- Advice and Support
- Ongoing Support
- Organise Viewings (when allowed)
- Information on Support Services Available
- Liaise with Funeral Directors with regards to Cremation Forms & Free from infection Forms
- A link between Families and the Medical/Surgical Teams
- Training and advice for all staff on death after care.
- Accept listed property of deceased patients.
Monday – Friday: 9am to 4pm
Closed all Bank Holidays (except for Religious deaths)
Phone: Families are asked to call the Bereavement Team the following morning after death on 0203 447 3035/3039/3017
University College Hospital at Westmoreland Street bereavement service - 020 3456 3006
National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery bereavement service - Click here
More information is available to download here