I have been a consultant anaesthetist at UCLH since its inception in 2005. Prior to this I had been a consultant anaesthetist at The Middlesex Hospital since October 1991. I have held a number of administrative posts within the department of anaesthesia, such as Royal College tutor and departmental chairman, and I have spent 10 years as an examiner for the Royal College of Anaesthetists at both the primary and final fellowship postgraduate examinations.
Anaesthesia for most major specialities including:
1. Comparison of four local extradural anaesthetic solutions for elective caesarean section. British Journal of Anaesthesia. 1990; Vol.65: p.648 653. P. Howell, W. Davies, M. Wrigley, P. Tan and B. Morgan
2. Day case Ophthalmic Surgery: General or local Anaesthesia? Letter. Anaesthesia 1990: Vol.45; 10: p.885 886. G. O'Sullivan, M. Kerr Muir, M. Lim, W. Davies, N. Campbell
3. Are two better than one? A preliminary assessment of an epidural mixture of lignocaine and bupivacaine for elective Caesarean section. Epidural and Spinal Blockade in Obstetrics. Edited by Felicity Reynolds. Baillere Tindall 1990. p.160-161. P. Howell, M. Wrigley, P. Tan, W. Davies, B. Morgan
4. Topical Anaesthesia of the Larynx : Cocaine or Lignocaine? European Journal of Anaesthesiology, Sept. 1992, 9, p.393-397 D.W.L. Davies, S.L. Moylan, G. O'Sullivan
5. Fentanyl, Alfentanil and Emesis. Abstract 149. 10th World Congress of Anaesthesiologists. The Hague. June 1992. D.W.L. Davies, S.L. Moylan, M.N.E. Harris
6. A randomised study of traditional epidural with 0.25% bupivacaine vs combined spinal epidural (mobile) technique for analgesia in labour: What do mothers prefer?” International Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia 1994; 3, p.172-173 Rachel Collis, Nicola Meares, Wynne Davies, Wynne Aveling
7. Randomised comparison of combined spinal-epidural and standard epidural analgesia in labour. Lancet; June 3rd 1995; 345, p.1413-1416 R.E. Collis, D.W.L. Davies, W. Aveling Lancet 1995; 346; 1229 – Correspondence Letter Collis RE, Davies DWL, Aveling W.
8. Awake oral fibreoptic intubation for caesarean section.” Case Report. International Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia 1995, 4, p.172-174. C.J. Broomhead, W. Davies, D.Higgins.
9. Anaesthetic. Awareness CLINICAL RISK, 1995; 1, 139-141 D. Wynne L. Davies
10. Fibreoptic Oral Intubation: A solution to difficult intubation in a parturient [Letter] Anaesthesia & Intensive Care, 1995, Oct.23(5):651 Sidhu VS, Davies DW.
11. Epidural Analgesia during labour [Letter, comment] British Journal of Anaesthesia, 1999, Feb;82(2):304-5 Aveling W, Davies D.W., Cooper J.
12. Two episodes in the same patient of Life threatening Anaphylaxis to a Chlorhexidine-sulpdadiazine-coated central venous catheter British Journal of Anaesthesia, 2001, August,87(2):306-308 R.Stephens, M. Mythen, P.Kallis, D.W.L.Davies, W Egner and A.Rickards Correspondence - Letter British Journal of Anaesthesia, 2001, August,87(6):940-941 R.Stephens, M. Mythen, P.Kallis, D.W.L.Davies, W Egner and A.Rickards Correspondence - Letter British Journal of Anaesthesia, 2001, August,88(2):304-305 R.Stephens, M. Mythen, P.Kallis, D.W.L.Davies, W Egner and A.Rickards
13. RCOG DIALOG; Case report of pulmonary embolism published for teaching on CD Rom via The Royal College Of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. 2002. D.W.L.Davies and S Turvill.
14. Extensive Spinal Epidural Abscess Associated with an Unremarkable Recovery– Case Report; Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, December 2004; 32: 825-829 A. Ansari, DWL Davies, JWG Lohn, P. Culpan, G. Etherington.
15. Thoracic epidural analgesia for coronary artery surgery. A bridge too far? Editorial European Journal of Anaesthesiology, 2005; 22: p.1-4 D. Kamming, W. Davies
16. Perioperative management of gastrointestinal disorders Surgery 23:7, The Medicine Publishing Company 2005 D.W.L. Davies, Ahmad Ziyad
Chapters in books:
1. Handbook of Clinical Anaesthesia, Churchill Livingstone 1996, Reprinted 2004 Edited by J.C. Goldstone & B.J. Pollard Coronary Artery Disease. P. 107-110 W. Davies
2. Integrated Basic Surgical Sciences, ARNOLD 2000 Edited by Toouli J, Russell RCG, Devitt P, Ingham Clark C. Pre-operative Investigation & Consent. Chapter 34.1; p.656-673 D. Wynne L. Davies
3. Integrated Basic Surgical Sciences, ARNOLD 2000 Edited by Toouli J, Russell RCG, Devitt P, Ingham Clark C. Anaesthesia: techniques and drugs. Chapter 34.2; p.674-678 D. Wynne L. Davies
4. Oxford Specialist Handbook in Cardiac Anaesthesia. 2009, In press Edited by Matthew Barnard and Bruce Martin “The Electrocardiogram” Dr Wynne Davies