Using Teams for video clinics
When appropriate, you can attend your appointment via an online video call platform called Teams. It is free to use Microsoft Teams and you don’t need to create an account or profile.
What do I need to make a Teams video call?
- A good connection to the internet.
- A web-camera, speakers and microphone connected to your laptop, PC, tablet or mobile device.
- If you are using a laptop or home computer, you don’t need a specific application to use Teams, you only need an internet browser (such as Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc).
- For a better experience, we recommend using Microsoft Teams while your device is connected to Wi-Fi. If you don’t have access to a Wi-Fi connection, you can use your mobile internet data. A video call on Microsoft Teams will use a similar amount of data as Skype® or FaceTime®.
If there are any technical issues, your clinician will call you on your phone.
If your contact details are incorrect, or you need to change or cancel your appointment, please contact your clinic team as soon as possible.
How to access your video clinic appointment using Microsoft Teams
If this is the first time you are attending a video clinic appointment, please allow yourself the time to understand how it works. We have tried to make this a simple process, but we know using technology can be stressful for some people.
- Make sure you have a device with a webcam and a microphone attached a good internet connection and a private space to talk.
- Open this appointment confirmation email and find the Microsoft Teams appointment link near the top, under your Clinic name and time and date of the appointment.
- Click on the link. Depending on your device setup:
- If you already have the Microsoft Teams app downloaded on your device, it may open automatically. When it does, go to step 4 of this guide.
- Your browser may open with options on how to start the video call, like shown in the picture below. You don’t have to download the app to join, click “Continue on this browser”.
- If you have the Microsoft Teams app but it hasn’t open automatically, please click: ‘Open your Teams app’. If you haven’t used it in a while, it may ask you to sign into your Microsoft account again.
- When the meeting window opens, enter your full name
- Click ‘Join Now’ and make sure your webcam icon and microphone icon are both on.
- You will then be placed in a Waiting Room and see the message below
When your clinician is ready, the video call appointment will start and they will be able to see you and hear you.