Post tropical screening consultations are with a specialist nurse for travellers concerned about specific exposures.
Appointments can be madeby NHS referral or paid for privately (see price list).
Please email us to book an appointment: uclh.
What is included in the appointment/service?
- A consultation with a specialist nurse: discuss your travel history, exposures and concerns
- Stool test looking for worms and parasites such as giardia
- Blood tests for parasites (Schistosomiasis/Bilharzia and Strongyloides)
- Blood tests to screen for blood borne viruses (HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C)
- A telephone follow up consultation and medication if required for positive results
- A letter containing your results and suggested management plan
NHS: requires a referral by your GP via the electronic referrals system.
Private: please book via the HTD travel clinic.
Where and when do the clinics run?
The Hospital for Tropical Diseases
2nd floor Mortimer Market Centre
London, WC1E 6JB