At The Hearing Aid Centre we believe it is essential that our patients have access to good hearing during this difficult time. We are maintaining the following services:
- Hearing aid repairs and replacement of lost hearing aids for all current users. The service is delivered mainly remotely/postal with some slots available for bookable face-to-face appointments.
- Replacement of earmoulds (slots available for bookable face-to-face appointments).
- We continue to offer face-to-face appointments with some being replaced with telephone consultations
- Patients are also signposted to online resources such as manufacturer’s user videos over the phone or by post to support self-management
- Manufacturer's leaflets and troubleshooting guides can also be posted to patients
- Referrals are continued to be triaged
- Batteries are being posted on request without needing to attend the hospital
UCLH provides an audiological service for GPs who would like to refer patients for age related audiological assessments. The service is available at Royal National ENT and Eastman Dental Hospitals, Edgware Community Hospital and Finchley Memorial Hospital. The service includes diagnosis, quantifying the degree of hearing loss, and rehabilitation of hearing impairment to limit participation restriction.
We provide a comprehensive patient-centred service ensuring a high quality of clinical care is provided. Our diagnostic and rehabilitative services are an integrated blend of both outpatient and community-based care.
Royal National ENT and Eastman Dental Hospitals
47-49 Huntley Street
Hearing assessment (direct referral), hearing aid fitting and repair, re-assessments for current hearing aid users, age related hearing loss.
Hearing aid follow-up in person or over the phone, a collection service for batteries, tubing, cleaning sticks and domes, review after 3 years and reassessment if indicated.