The team of experts here at UCLH provide specialist care for women suffering from gynaecological cancer within the North London Gynaecological Cancer Network. The team is made up of gynaecological cancer surgeons, oncologists (specialists in radiotherapy and chemotherapy), psychologists, clinical nurse specialists, physiotherapists and administrators amongst others.
- Barnet and Chase Farm NHS Hospitals Trust
- The North Middlesex Hospital
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital
- The Royal Free Hospital
- The Whittington Hospital
Women are cared for by a multidisciplinary team of experts including oncological surgeons, clinical and medical oncologists, expert radiologists and pathologists, clinical nurse specialists, psychologists, dieticians, physiotherapists and research nurses.
The Gynaecological Cancer Centre participates in national and international clinical trials and has its own portfolio of translational research and is a pilot site for the NHS Improvements survivorship initiative.
The gynaecological cancer surgeons offer expert surgery including the minimally invasive approach where appropriate.
We offer expert treatment for all types of gynaecological (genital tract) cancers including surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy. We place great importance on quality of life after treatment for cancer and offer a variety of support services to achieve this.
- Genetic testing for women affected by ovarian cancer
- Gynaecological oncology multidisciplinary team (MDT)
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic salpingo-oophorectomy
- Outpatient Hysteroscopy
- Series No 20 - Vaginal Brachytherapy (Internal radiotherapy)
- Series No 28 - Gyanaecological bowel preparation
- Series No 29 - Gynaecology Radiotherapy
- Supported self-management follow-up for women with endometrial cancer
- Vaginal dilation therapy - Information for patients who have completed radiotherapy treatment