- To attend the Hospital for Tropical Diseases Emergency Walk-in Clinic please email email@example.com. Please include your name, date of birth and mobile number.
- Await an email reply or phone call with our team, who will arrange your appointment.
- The timing of the appointment will depend on clinical urgency, but we aim to see all patients the same or the following day.
- We need to limit numbers in our waiting area so if you can’t email ahead, please call 07966775952. Please only use this number in an emergency.
- This email address and phone number operate 9am-5pm Mon–Fri. If you need medical attention out of hours, please attend your local Emergency Department.
The Hospital for Tropical Diseases (HTD) is the national clinical referral centre for patients with infectious and tropical diseases. We run a 24-hour consultant-led emergency service and provide advice on clinical management or see referrals at short notice. HTD also runs the UCLH Infection Division including UCLH Infection Control services. Infection doctors provide consultancy across the Trust for both rare and more commonplace infections and diseases.
Our inpatient unit is based on ward T08 at UCH and our outpatients department in the Mortimer Market Centre. HTD provides both general and specialist clinics each week.
We provide a daily emergency walk-in service for patients recently returned from the tropics who are unwell, with fever or bloody diarrhoea. In addition we offer an NHS and private travel medicine service, providing pre-travel advice for travellers with complex problems including medical conditions and for clients with corporate contracts and existing customers.
Children are treated by the UCLH paediatric team, which includes a tropical paediatrician.