Dr Junaid Bajwa became a non-executive director at UCLH in September 2018. He was born at UCLH and is a practising GP with experience of serving a deprived London community. He has been interested in the use of technology and data to improve patient outcomes for many years, and has worked with NHS England on projects involving AI and data analytics. In addition he also works for Microsoft Research as their Chief Medical Scientist. Junaid chairs the research and innovation committee and is a member of the quality and safety committee and the remuneration committee.
Declarations of interest:
- NHS England (GP appraiser)
- Essential Guides UK Limited (Shareholder, GP locum services and educational work)
- Microsoft (Shareholder and employee of Microsoft Research)
- Associate non-executive director at Whittington Health NHS Trust from 1 July 2020
- Trustee of the UCLH Charity
Non-executive director and chair of the clinical risk committee at Medica (from 1 April 2021)