We regret that due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we have had to take the difficult decision to restrict visiting arrangements at UCLH. Currently booked visiting is allowed in most wards, except in exceptional circumstances. Please check the latest COVID-19 updates and information for patients and visitors before coming to the hospital.
Once authorised, we ask that the same allocated visitor should come into the ward, except for parents of a child who may alternate.
Visitors must be over 16, as we do not have suitable PPE for children, and the visit must be pre-booked with the ward team.
All visitors will need a security ID badge during this time. Please contact the ward or unit in advance to discuss appropriate arrangements.
- Once authorisation has been agreed in advance, you will be issued with a security ID badge on the day of your visit
- When you arrive, please go to the security desk at the building reception who should have a list of names of those who have been agreed to visit
- Security will ask you some questions and take a photo for your ID badge
- You should clearly display your ID badge during your visit and hand it back to security when you leave
- The ID badge is dated and only valid on the day of your visit (If you are an identified carer you will be given a different badge with a longer timeframe to reduce the need to complete this every day).
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, visitors should ask the ward if they are allowed to bring a gift to a patient. Belongings and gifts can be dropped off with security at each site, where our volunteers will then bring them to patients. To avoid travelling to our sites we are also able to buy essentials for patients on a friend/family members behalf. Requests for this need to be made through the Letters to Loved one's email: firstname.lastname@example.org