Join our Trust and become a member
It is important to us that we have a membership that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, to help us meet the needs of our local community, our patients and our staff.
Joining University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust gives you the opportunity to support and get involved at one of the busiest trusts in the country. You can have a say in how UCLH develops and help shape the future of our Trust.
Membership for staff
Permanent and contracted staff are automatically members of the Trust and do not need to complete the online form. Staff working on the bank and volunteers at any of our hospitals will need to sign up online.
Membership will give you the chance to influence how the Trust develops its services; your experience and knowledge allows us to be more responsive to members' needs.
Membership is Free! Members can choose how much they wish to get involved. Becoming a member offers many benefits and opportunities:
As a member you will receive:
- Information about your hospitals in the quarterly members’ magazine, UCLH News
- Invitations to MembersMeet health seminars that focus on topical and current health issues
- Invitations to events, such as the Trust’s annual open event and the Annual Members Meeting
As a member you can:
- Give us your views about our services
- Vote in the Council of Governors elections or stand as a Governor in the future
- Benefit from the NHS discount scheme and can register* through www.uclh.mytrustbenefits.co.uk
- Meet with your Governors
You can become a member if you are either:
- Public: resident within the London Boroughs, the City of London, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent and Surrey.
- Patient: UCLH patient in the last three years
- Patient carer: an unpaid carer of a patient who has
been to UCLH in the last three years. Both carer and patient can become members.
To become a member please click here and complete the online application form.
If you have you any queries or would like to know more contact the Membership Office on 020 3447 9290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to the membership office at the following address:
2nd Floor Central
250 Euston Road
If you would like to opt out of the membership at any time, please contact the membership team at email@example.com or call 020 3447 9290.
If you would like to make a complaint about the way we process your data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at UCLH.IGQueries@nhs.net. Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office. You can do this online here; by phone on 0303 123 1113; or by post at the address below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Why get involved at UCLH? - Watch the following video clip to hear why members wanted to get involved and understand more about the role of our members.
Make a difference at UCLH - Watch the following video clip to learn how members and governors are making a difference and helping to improve the patient experience.
The Council of Governors - Meet some of our governors in the following video clip and learn more about their role.