Join our Trust and become a member
It is important to us that we have a membership that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve, to help us meet the needs of our local community, our patients and our staff.
Joining University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust gives you the opportunity to support and get involved at one of the busiest trusts in the country. You can have a say in how UCLH develops and help shape the future of our Trust.
Membership for staff
Permanent and contracted staff are automatically members of the Trust and do not need to complete the online form. Staff working on the bank and volunteers at any of our hospitals will need to sign up online.
Membership gives you the chance to influence how the Trust develops its services; your experience and knowledge allow us to be more responsive to members' needs.
Membership is Free! Members can choose how much they wish to get involved.
Becoming a member offers many benefits and opportunities:
As a member you will receive:
- Regular updates and information about the Trust, including the UCLH Magazine
- Invitations to seminars on current health issues
- Invitations to the Trust’s annual open event and the Annual Members Meeting
As a member you can:
- Give us your views about our services
- Get involved with research studies and patient experience projects
- Vote in the Council of Governors elections or stand as a Governor yourself
- Attend the public Council and Board meetings
You can become a member if you are either:
- Public: resident within the London Boroughs, the City of London, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent and Surrey.
- Patient: UCLH patient in the last three years
- Patient carer: an unpaid carer of a patient who has
been to UCLH in the last three years. Both carer and patient can become members.
To become a member please click here and complete the online application form.
The Trust is required to keep a Register of Members, containing public members’ names, constituency and area only. The Register is publicly available on request. For further information on the Register of Members, please refer to the UCLH Constitution.
If you have you any queries or would like to know more, please contact the Membership Office at email@example.com or call 020 3447 9290. You can also write to us at the following address:
2nd Floor Central
250 Euston Road
If you would like to opt out of the membership at any time, please contact the membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3447 9290.
If you would like to make a complaint about the way we process your data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer at UCLH.IGQueries@nhs.net. Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office. You can do this online here; by phone on 0303 123 1113; or by post at the address below:
Information Commissioner's Office