26 April 2022
The UCLH Macmillan Support and Information Service (MSIS) proudly celebrated its 10th anniversary this month. We offer a range of support to anyone affected by cancer or a blood condition.
Our team of health professionals can provide a holistic service tailored to each person. We work innovatively to respond to the needs of patients, carers and staff within the Cancer Service. And, over the last 10 years, we’ve grown and adapted to meet these changing needs.
Some of our highlights:
- The support and information specialists have introduced a range of support groups and wellbeing activities to help people to manage their physical and emotional wellbeing.
- We’ve developed online resources to help people manage the impact of cancer or a blood condition.
- The complementary therapy team has broadened the range of therapies they offer to include teaching self-massage and relaxation.
- The psychology and emotional care team now has 10 psychologists to meet the growing demand for psychological support.
- People can now get advice about wigs and scarf tying in the private setting of the wig pod.
- People can choose to have face-to-face, phone or video appointments.
- The cancer information team manages over 120 pieces of written information, supporting healthcare teams to develop and review information that is user-friendly and accessible.
You can get more information about our service on our web page.