We run two separate Urogynaecology services at UCH: The Urogynaecology and Pelvic Floor Unit and The Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery Unit.
Other referral information
Referrals accepted via the NHS e-Referral service.
UCH Referrals Centre
University College London Hospitals
Ground Floor North
250 Euston Road
London NW1 2PG
- Weekly joint Consultant Urogynaecology clinic including continence, prolapse and pelvic floor care in women of all ages
- Urodynamic investigations
- Innovative surgical techniques to treat urogynaecological problems
- A wide range of conservative treatments to treat urogynaecological problems
- A service for women with urinary tract infections
- Physiotherapy clinics for postpartum care, continence pelvic floor management and post-surgical pelvic floor care
- Confidential nurse helpline (telephone and e-mail) for all continence and prolapse problems
- Dedicated postpartum clinic with physiotherapy, midwifery and nursing support
- Weekly Urogynaecology MDT
- Monthly MDT with Urology
- Monthly MDT with Colorectal surgery and Gastroenterology
Our Consultant team comprises:
- Mr Alfred Cutner
- Mr Anthony Kupelian
- Mr Arvind Vashisht
The second service is The Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery:
This Consultant team comprises:
|Ms Sohier Elneil||Uro-Neurology, Urogynaecology|
UCLH has been selected as one of the nationally commissioned specialist centres to offer a specialist MESH service in line with nationally agreed guidelines, processes and protocols.
Mobilisation of the new service is underway alongside progressing recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic. We are aiming to be in a position to receive new referrals into the London Complex Mesh Centre from across our regional referrer network starting from 1st July.
In line with the NHSE specification, we will be following a nationally agreed referral process with adherence to strict referral criteria. We will post more information on this process in the coming weeks.
If you have any enquiries in the meantime, please contact us at uclh.
Referral enquiries go to uclh.
- Laparoscopic colposuspension
- Laparoscopic mesh sacrocolpopexy
- Laparoscopic mesh sacrohysteropexy
- Laparoscopic suture sacrohysteropexy
- Medication for an overactive bladder
- Pelvic floor physiotherapy
- Retropubic midurethral sling
- Sacrospinous colpopexy
- Sacrospinous hysteropexy
- Surgery for prolapse
- The use of mesh in surgery for urinary incontinence and prolapse
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Transobturator midurethral sling
- Vaginal hysterectomy and colporrhaphy
- Vaginal pessaries
- What is prolapse