The joint London Centre for Paediatric Endocrinology consists of Great Ormond Street (GOSH) and UCLH. Together we are one of the largest child and adolescent endocrine centres in Europe and are internationally recognised for our research.
Where possible we aim to treat our patients in the right environment. Children 0-13 are seen at GOSH and teenagers at UCLH. We are also happy to take direct GP referrals at the UCLH site.
Our consultants work across both sites and we are supported by a dedicated team of specialist nurses, psychologists, dieticians, psychiatrists and psychotherapists play specialists and activity coordinators.
We care for a range of conditions including:
- Problems with growth and puberty
- Problems with the pituitary gland
- Problems with Glucose and calcium metabolism, salt and water balance
- Adrenal disease and endocrine oncology (including endocrine toxicity of cancer therapies)
- Thyroid disorders
- Gynaecomastia in adolescent males
- Disorders of sex development
- Growth, puberty and fertility problems in association with sex chromosome variations (Turner and Klinefelter syndrome)
We have approximately 3000 appointments per year in our outpatient department. Waiting times for outpatient appointments is around 4 weeks.
"Thanks so very much, for all your help. You and the entire team are my superheroes and are awesome."