CAMLIS is the Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine (RLHIM) Complementary and Alternative Medicine Information and Library Service and is situated on the ground floor of the hospital. CAMLIS has the most comprehensive specialist collection for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) in the UK and is open to healthcare professionals, researchers and patients alike.
The CAMLIS reading room holds:
- More than 1500 books on open shelves (others can be fetched from the stacks)
- A comprehensive collection of journals on the shelves (back files of another 200 journals in the stacks)
- Computers for personal research, including access to a range of electronic resources
- Information professionals who will help you with literature searches
- A full range of RLHIM service leaflets, as well as a large collection of leaflets from learned societies and charities for patients
- A selection of new books for sale, as recommended by RLHIM clinicians
- A selection of second-hand books for sale
- Photocopying facilities
- CAMLIS is situated in The Peter Fisher Centre
The library also holds a historical collection of CAM printed books and journals from c. 1800 to 1920.
Our high quality collection of 4,000 books is growing all the time. This is largely due to the generosity of the Trustees of Dr Susil Kumar, the Jamila Mitra Charitable Trust, the RLHIM Academic Unit, B. Jain Publishers, The College of Practical Homeopathy, The Ann Hill Trust, The Faculty of Homeopathy, British Autogenic Society and many individual donors.
Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine
60 Great Ormond Street
London WC1N 3HR
Please contact the library for opening times
Telephone: 020 3448 2300
AU Co-ordinator - Janet Joseph
Librarian – Dewi Evans
Telephone: 0203 44 82311