At UCLH giving your time helps make a big difference to our patients’ lives. Having volunteers enables us to do more, whether that is time spent with patients, or helping give our teams extra capacity.
Volunteering is a two-way exchange of skills, and we want your volunteering with us to be a rewarding experience. Some of the main reasons to volunteer with us are:
- Make a real difference to our patients, their families, friends and relatives.
- Give something back to your local community.
- You will be part of a team - as well as being part of our large volunteer team you will have a volunteer supervisor who will support you throughout your volunteering journey.
- Learn new skills - volunteering is a great way of developing lots of different types of skills, and we will ensure that you are fully trained to carry out your role including access to core online training and ongoing development opportunities.
- Improve your CV and get some work experience: many of our volunteers have found that volunteering significantly assisted them in finding employment and helped them apply to university.
- Meet other interesting people of all ages and backgrounds and make new friends. You will be invited to Volunteer Forums and other events, where you will be able to network with other volunteers across UCLH.
- Do something different and have fun.