You will see an audiologist who will perform the hearing and/or balance tests. Each appointment generally takes 30 to 60 minutes , but some types of hearing test may take 90 minutes or more. If you are coming for an appointment at the audiologist led clinic, you will have a full assessment that may take up to two hours.
Please inform your GP if you require support for languages or transport.
Please try to arrive 10 minutes before your appointment start time. If you fail to arrive on time you will not be seen.
To help things run smoothly during your visit please follow these clinic guidelines:
- Do not consume any alcoholic beverages 48 hours before your appointment
- Do not take vestibular suppressants (medications for balance) 48 hours before your appointment
- Do not wear eye make up on the day
- Avoid loud noise exposure 24 hours before hearing testing
- If you have not had your ears cleaned recently, make sure you are free from wax by visiting your GP.