Alexander Cho is honorary consultant paediatric urologist at UCLH. He is based primarily as a full-time consultant paediatric urologist at Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Mr Cho is at UCLH on Mondays, delivering an outpatient clinic and operating session on alternate weeks.
He graduated at Guys’, Kings’ and St Thomas’ Medical School in 2004. He completed his paediatric surgical training in 2014 and then undertook a Paediatric Urology Fellowship at Great Ormond Street Hospital and UCLH.
He is actively involved in teaching and training and is also the college surgical tutor. He is a member of the British Association of Paediatric Surgeons, the British Association of Paediatric Urologists and the British Association of Paediatric Endoscopic Surgeons.
- Urolithiasis – stones in the urinary system
- Reconstructive urology including hypospadias and neuropathic bladder
- Minimally invasive surgery: laparoscopy, retroperitoneoscopy; endourology
- General paediatric urology including orchidopexy; penile anomalies
- Medical education and training
- Taylor L, Cho A, Smeulders N (2020), Seamless post-operative removal of JJ stents in the paediatric population: Securing the JJ stent to the tip of the urethral balloon catheter avoids a further operation. J Ped Urol 16:500-501
- Cho A, Asimakidou M, Mushtaq I (2019), Access for retroperitoneoscopic surgery. J Ped Urol; 15:287-288
- Cho A, Thomas J, Perera R, Cherian A (2019), Undescended Testis, BMJ; 25:194
- Cho A, Ball M, Read K, Tharmapoopathy P, Ross AR, Mathur A, Minocha A, Tsang T, Kulkarni M (2016), Educational survey of regional general practitioner’s management of paediatric patients with undescended testis. J Pediatr Urol, 12(3),151 e1-7