The infection prevention and control team works to support and advise in the prevention and control of infection. Our team's aims are to:
- Provide an advisory service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Provide education and support
- Undertake surveillance and advise on trends
- Support and advise on the prevention and control of outbreaks or incidents associated with infection
- Indicate areas of risk to the Trust and advise on action
- Support and initiate research and innovations in infection prevention and control
- Provide appropriate infection control advice on developments and refurbishments.