Professor Davor Jurkovic is a professor of gynaecology and director of the gynaecology diagnostic and outpatient treatment unit at University College Hospital, London. He is an internationally recognised expert in gynaecological and early pregnancy ultrasound. He has published extensively on these topics and has edited five books. He has helped to develop and run the RCOG training programmes in gynaecological ultrasound, acute gynaecology and early pregnancy. He is also a founding member of the educational charity Focus on Gynaecology. In 2020 he was awarded Ian Donald Gold Medal by the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology for his contribution to the advancement of diagnostic ultrasound through research and innovation.
Early pregancy complications, ultrasound in gynaecology, benign gyanecological conditions, diagnosis of uterine and ovarian cancer
- Yazbek J, Raju SK, Ben-Nagi J, Holland TK, Hillaby K, Jurkovic D. Effect of quality of gynaecological ultrasonography on management of patients with suspected ovarian cancer: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet Oncol. 2008;9:124-31.
- Hoo WL, Yazbek J, Holland T, Mavrelos D, Tong ENC, Jurkovic D. Expectant management of ultrasonically diagnosed ovarian dermoid cysts: is it possible to predict outcome? Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2010;36:235-40.
- Valentin L, Jurkovic D, Van Calster B, Testa A, Van Holsbeke C, Bourne T, Vergote I, Van Huffel S, Timmerman D. Adding a single CA 125 measurement to ultrasound imaging performed by an experienced examiner does not improve preoperative discrimination between benign and malignant adnexal masses. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2009 ;34:345-54.
- Mavrelos D, Ben-Nagi J, Davies A, Lee C, Salim R, Jurkovic D. The value of pre-operative treatment with GnRH analogues in women with submucous fibroids: a double-blind, placebo-controlled randomized trial. Hum Reprod. 2010;25:2264-9.
- Jurkovic D, Wilkinson H. Diagnosis and management of ectopic pregnancy. BMJ. 2011 Jun 10;342:d3397. doi: 10.1136/bmj.d3397
- Naftalin J, Hoo W, Pateman K, Mavrelos D, Holland T, Jurkovic D. How common is adenomyosis? A prospective study of prevalence using transvaginal ultrasound in a gynaecology clinic. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:3432-9.