We’re part of a teaching hospital with state-of-the-art facilities and an award-winning team consisting of specialist doctors, nurses, psychologists and dietitians.
Our nationally-recognised service helps children and young people (up to 19 years) with type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, maturity onset diabetes in the young and secondary diabetes (with steroid therapy).
- We support children with multiple daily insulin injections.
- We are a centre for insulin pump therapy (a more flexible alternative to injections for some).
- We run a children’s clinic, adolescent clinic, transition clinics and intensive therapy sessions.
- We have an adolescent ward for young people struggling with diabetes.
- We provide integrated specialist psychological support to all young people.
Above all, we’re here to deliver a high quality and responsive diabetes service that maximises health and wellbeing for children, young people and families.
So it’s little wonder that we’re the top diabetes service in the country (National Paediatric Diabetes Audit 2011-2012).
But we can’t do it without your help – the role of both parents and patients is vital. Our long term aim is to encourage and support you as an expert diabetes carer.
Lucozade energy original and Lucozade energy orange will contain 50% less glucose from the 1st April 2017. The amount needed to treat hypoglycaemia will change.
Check the label of all Lucozade bought after 1st April as both new and old formulation will be available to buy until stocks of ‘old’ product run out.
Find out more >
Hypo treatment guidelines: New formulation Lucozade