Rebecca Martin RSCN, BSc, MSc is a nurse consultant for paediatric and adolescent diabetes at University College London Hospital NHS FoundationTrust. She has been supporting children and adolescents and their families living with diabetes since 1997 when she joined UCLH as a diabetes clinical nurse specialist.
Rebecca is the lead nurse for children and young people with diabetes, providing professional advice, leadership and direction throughout UCLH. Clinical practice includes consultations with families wishing to commence insulin pump therapy, supporting staff to deliver pump education and following families up following pump initiation. Rebecca runs the new referral clinic for the diabetes service, offering appointments to children and families who are wanting to explore the possibility of moving to an alternative paediatric diabetes service.
- Cai, R., Holt, R., Casdagli, L., Viner, R., Thompson.R., Barnard, B. & Christie, D. (2017) Research:. Diabetic Medicine. 34 (6): 813–820
- Peters, C., Hindmarsh, P. & Thompson, R. (2017) Insulin pump therapy. Paediatrics and Child Health. 27 (4): 160–165
- Thompson, R., Agostini, K., Potts, L., Luscombe, J., Christie, D., Viner, R., White, B. & Hindmarsh, P. (2013) Deprivation and ethnicity impact on diabetes control and use of treatment regimen. Diabetic Medicine. 30: 491-494
- Alselah, F.M, Smith, F.J, Thompson, R. & Taylor, K. (2013) A structured educational insulin pump therapy programme: the views of children/young people and their parents. European Diabetes Nursing. 10 (1): 25-30
- Thompson, R., Delameter, A., Gebert, R., & Christie, D. (2012) Integrated care and MDT: The role of the different professionals. In: Christie, D., & Martin, C Psychosocial Aspects of Diabetes. Children, adolescents and their families. London: Radcliffe Publishing. 101-113.
- Thompson, R. (2012). Structured education for diabetes. In: Christie, D., & Martin, C Psychosocial Aspects of Diabetes. Children, adolescents and their families. London: Radcliffe Publishing. 126-141.
- Thompson, R. Adolescents and pump therapy – Maintaining success (2011) CSII therapy: Supplement to Diabetes Digest. 10 (3): 6-8
- Thompson, R. (2011) Get going and stay going’ with pump therapy – Educating adolescents about pumps (2011) Paediatrics and Child Health. 21 (9): 431-433
- James,J., Vanterpool, G., Hicks, D., Jill, J., Bannister, M., Claydon, A. & Thompson, R. (2011) NHS reforms: White Paper response from national diabetes nursing groups. Journal of Diabetes Nursing. 15(1): 15-21