This two day course for senior healthcare professionals will:
- Increase awareness of your own communication skills
- Explore strategies to improve quality of clinical communication Increase ability to deliver information effectively
- Increase confidence in responding to difficult communication situations Enhance inter-personal communication.
This is a highly-rated, evidence based course based on the Connected ACST, offered in a unique setting using expert actors and video feedback. Participants are expected to take part in all aspects of the course and attend both sessions.
- Is experiental and learner led, providing the opportunity to work on individual clinical challenges.
- Includes discussion of research on communication in cancer care, interactive exercises and role-play in small groups with actors.
- Provides a safe and supportive environment to practise skills and receive feedback.
- Is led by accredited, nationally approved facilitators and is awarded CPD points and a certificate on completion.
Senior healthcare professionals (Consultants/SPR, CNS and Senior AHP’s) of band 7 or above who work with patients with a cancer diagnosis.
The course is free for UCLH staff (with 5 free places for Barts, NMUH and BHRUT) and between £100 and £700 for external delegates.
UCH Education centre, 1st Floor West, 250 Euston Road, NW1 2PG
UCLH staff- please complete the attached application form and return to uclh.
External delegates please contact uclh.
Accredited, nationally-approved facilitators.