Jenny completed her medical training at King’s College London. She undertook her specialist clinical oncology training on the pan-London training scheme including at UCLH. She developed a keen interest in paediatric radiotherapy and post FRCR undertook a period of research at University College London (UCL). This focused on improving the outcomes for childhood neuroblastoma through advanced photon techniques and molecular radiotherapy and she was awarded her MD(res) in 2015.
Jenny was appointed as a consultant clinical oncologist at UCLH in 2017 and specialises in paediatric radiotherapy. She is also an honorary consultant at Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Development and opitmisation of advanced radiotherapy techniques for children and teenagers including advanced photon techniques, proton beam therapy and molecular radiotherapy.
- Pencil Beam Scanning Proton Therapy Case Selection for Paediatric Abdominal Neuroblastoma: Effects of Tumour Location and Bowel Gas. Lim PS, Rompokos V, Bizzocchi N, Gillies C, Gosling A, Royle G, Chang YC, Gaze MN, Gains JE. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2020 Sep 19. Online ahead of print.
- 68Ga-DOTATATE and 123I-mIBG as imaging biomarkers of disease localisation in metastatic neuroblastoma: implications for molecular radiotherapy. Gains JE, Aldridge MD, Mattoli MV, Bomanji JB, Biassoni L, Shankar A, Gaze MN. Nucl Med Commun. 2020 Aug 10. Online ahead of print.
- Spectrum of neuroimaging findings post-proton beam therapy in a large pediatric cohort. Bhattacharya D, Chhabda S, Lakshmanan R, Tan R, Warne R, Benenati M, Michalski A, Aquilina K, Jacques T, Hargrave D, Chang YC, Gains J, Mankad K. Childs Nerv Syst. 2020 Jul 23. Online ahead of print.
- Predicting outcome in childhood diffuse midline gliomas using magnetic resonance imaging based texture analysis. Szychot E, Youssef A, Ganeshan B, Endozo R, Hyare H, Gains J, Mankad K, Shankar A. J Neuroradiol. 2020 Mar 14. Online ahead of print. A phase IIa trial of molecular radiotherapy with 177-lutetium DOTATATE in children with primary refractory or relapsed high-risk neuroblastoma. Gains JE, Moroz V, Aldridge MD, Wan S, Wheatley K, Laidler J, Peet C, Bomanji JB, Gaze MN. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2020 Sep;47(10):2348-2357.
- The Evidence for External Beam Radiotherapy in High-Risk Neuroblastoma of Childhood: A Systematic Review. Arumugam S, Manning-Cork NJ, Gains JE, Boterberg T, Gaze MN. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2019 Mar;31(3):182-190.
- Immunohistochemical evaluation of molecular radiotherapy target expression in neuroblastoma tissue. Gains JE, Sebire NJ, Moroz V, Wheatley K, Gaze MN. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2018 Mar;45(3):402-411. Clinical outcomes following proton therapy for children with central nervous system tumors referred overseas. Indelicato DJ, Bradley JA, Sandler ES, Aldana PR, Sapp A, Gains JE, Crellin A, Rotondo RL. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2017 Dec;64(12).
- Radiation exposure to comforters and carers during paediatric molecular radiotherapy. Gains JE, Walker C, Sullivan TM, Waddington WA, Fersht NL, Sullivan KP, Armstrong E, D'Souza DP, Aldridge MD, Bomanji JB, Gaze MN. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2015 Feb; 62(2):235-239.
- A systematic review of 131I-meta iodobenzylguanidine molecular radiotherapy for neuroblastoma. Wilson JS, Gains JE, Moroz V, Wheatley K, Gaze MN. Eur J Cancer. 2014 Mar;50(4):801-15.
- Optimization of molecular radiotherapy with [131I]-meta Iodobenzylguanidine for high-risk neuroblastoma. Gaze MN, Gains JE, Walker C, Bomanji JB. Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2013 Mar;57(1):66-78. Review.
- Intensity-modulated arc therapy to improve radiation dose delivery in the treatment of abdominal neuroblastoma. Gains JE, Stacey C, Rosenberg I, Mandeville HC, Chang YC, D'Souza D, Moroz V, Wheatley K, Gaze MN. Future Oncol. 2013 Mar;9(3):439-49.
- Ten challenges in the management of neuroblastoma. Gains J, Mandeville H, Cork N, Brock P, Gaze M. Future Oncol. 2012 Jul;8(7):839-58.
- Results of a quality assurance review of external beam radiation therapy in the International Society of Paediatric Oncology (Europe) Neuroblastoma Group's High-risk Neuroblastoma Trial: a SIOPEN study. Gaze MN, Boterberg T, Dieckmann K, Hörmann M, Gains JE, Sullivan KP, Ladenstein R. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013 Jan 1;85(1):170-4.
- 177Lu-DOTATATE molecular radiotherapy for childhood neuroblastoma. Gains JE, Bomanji JB, Fersht NL, Sullivan T, D'Souza D, Sullivan KP, Aldridge M, Waddington W, Gaze MN. J Nucl Med. 2011 Jul;52(7):1041-7.