Dr Jessica Manson is a consultant rheumatologist. She has a wide clinical practice, and a special interest in acute rheumatology and hyper-inflammation.
She created, and co-chairs, a national group to improve outcome for patients with haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) (HASC, the HLH across speciality collaboration) and also chairs a multi-disciplinary HLH group at UCLH.
She is an honorary associate professor at UCL. Her PhD focused on lupus nephritis, and more recent research on the aetiopathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis and on hyperinflammation in COVID.
She is regularly involved in teaching medical students, junior doctors and allied health professionals.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis
- Manson JJ, Crooks C, Naja M, Ledlie A, Goulden B, Liddle T, Khan E, Mehta P, Martin- Gutierrez L, Waddington K, Robinson G, Santos L, McLoughlin E, Snell A, Adeney C, Van Der Loeff I, Baker K, Duncan C, Hanrath A, Lendrem C, De Soyza A, Peng J, J'Bari H, Greenwood M, Hawkins E, Peckham H, Marks M, Rampling T, Luintel A, Williams B , Brown M, Singer M, West J, Jury E, Collin M, Tattersall R. COVID-19-associated hyperinflammation and escalation of patient care: a retrospective longitudinal cohort study. Lancet Rheumatology 2020 August epub
- Jones I, Bell L, Manson JJ, Last A. An adult presentation consistent with PIMS-TS. Lancet Rheumatology 2020 July epub
- Mehta P, Cron RQ, Hartwell J, Tattersall RS, Manson JJ. Silencing the cytokine storm: the use of intravenous anakinra in haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis or macrophage activation syndrome. Lancet Rheumatology 2020 May epub
- Mehta P, Manson JJ. What Is the Clinical Relevance of TNF Inhibitor Immunogenicity in the Management of Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis? Frontiers in Immunology 2020 Apr 7;11:589
- Rosser EC, Piper CJM, Matei DE, Blair PA, Rendeiro AF, Orford M, Alber DG, Krausgruber T, Catalan D, Klein N, Manson JJ, Drozdov I, Bock C, Wedderburn LR, Eaton S, Mauri C. Cell Metab.Microbiota-Derived Metabolites Suppress Arthritis by Amplifying Aryl-Hydrocarbon Receptor Activation in Regulatory B Cells. 2020 Apr 7;31(4):837-851.e10
- Mehta P, McAuley DF, Brown M, Sanchez E, Tattersall RS, Manson JJ. COVID-19: consider cytokine storm syndromes and immunosuppression. Lancet. 2020 Mar 28;395(10229):1033-103
- Bauchmuller K, Manson JJ, Tattersall R, Brown M, McNamara C, Singer M, Brett SJ. Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in adult critical care. Journal Of Intensive Care Medicine. January 2020. Epub.
- Ludwig DR, Amin TN, Manson JJ.Suspected systemic rheumatic diseases in adults presenting with fever. Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol. 2019 Aug;33(4)
- Hutchison M, Tattersall R, Manson JJ. Haemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis – an under-recognized hyperinflammatory syndrome. Rheumatololgy, November 2019. Volume 58, pp vi23-30
- Wilkinson MGL, Radziszewska A, Wincup C, Ioannou Y, Isenberg DA, Jury EC Manson JJ. Using peripheral blood immune signatures to stratify patients with adult and juvenile inflammatory myopathies Rheumatology (Oxford). 2019. Epub
- Bradford CM. McDonnell T, Raj D, Robinson G, Cole A, Ramakrishnan S, González-Serrano R, Mak J, Eskiocak YC, Isenberg DA, Jury EC , Manson JJ. Characterization of a Subset of Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis for Whom Current Management Strategies are InadequateACR Open Rheumatology. Vol. 1, No. 3, May 2019, pp 145–155
- Ciurtin C, Jones A, Brown G, Sin F, Raine C, Manson J, Giles I. Real benefits of ultrasound evaluation of hand and foot synovitis for better characterisation of the disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis. European Radiology 2019. 29 (11) 6345-6354
- Magill L, Adriani M, Berthou V, Chen K, Gleizes A, Hacein-Bey-Abina S, Hincelin-Mery A, Mariette X, Pallardy M, Spindeldreher S, Szely N, Isenberg DA, Jury EC, Mauri M and Manson JJ Low Percentage of Signal Regulatory Protein ?/?+ Memory B Cells in Blood Predicts Development of Anti-drug Antibodies (ADA) in Adalimumab-Treated Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients. Front. Immunol. 2018 9:2865