Dr Windsor is a paediatrician with a sub-specialist interest in oncology. She works within the Children and Young People’s Cancer Service at UCLH, specialising in the treatment of children and young people with bone and soft tissue sarcoma.
She completed her MD Res in the pharmacogenomics of osteosarcoma chemotherapy and is actively involved in an ongoing international collaboration. Her other clinical interest is long term effects of cancer treatment and she am one of the core clinicians within the UCLH late effects service.
Dr Windsor is the Joint CRN specialty research lead for Cancer - Children, Sarcoma and Teenage and Young Adults. She is a member of the NCRI TYA CSG and Biological Studies Subgroup. She is also a working group member of PanCare, a pan-European network that aims to reduce the frequency, severity and impact of late side effects of the treatment of children and adolescents with cancer.
1. Martins A, Bennister L, Fern LA, Gerrand C, Onasanya M, Storey L, Wells M, Whelan JS, Windsor R, Woodford J, Taylor RM. et al. Development of a patient-reported experience questionnaire for patients with sarcoma: the Sarcoma Assessment Measure (SAM) [published online ahead of print, 2020 Mar 29]. Qual Life Res. 2020;10.1007/s11136-020-02481-x. doi:10.1007/s11136-020-02481-x
2. Mulder RL, van der Pal HJ, Skinner R, Bárdi E, Brown MC, Vetsch J, Frey E, Windsor R, Kremer LCM, Levitt G. Evidence-based recommendations for the organization of long-term follow-up care for childhood and adolescent cancer survivors: a report from the PanCareSurFup Guidelines Working Group. J Cancer Surviv. 2019;13(5):759-772. doi:10.1007/s11764-019-00795-5
3. Storey L, Fern LA, Martins A, Wells M, Bennister L, Gerrand C, Onasanya M, Whelan JS, Windsor R, Woodford J, Taylor RM. A Critical Review of the Impact of Sarcoma on Psychosocial Wellbeing. Sarcoma. 2019;2019:9730867. Published 2019 Feb 17. doi:10.1155/2019/9730867
4. Martins A, Whelan JS, Bennister L, Fern LA, Gerrand C, Onasanya M, Storey L, Well M, Windsor R, Woodford J, Taylor RM. Qualitative study exploring patients experiences of being diagnosed and living with primary bone cancer in the UK. BMJ Open. 2019;9(9):e028693. Published 2019 Sep 24. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2018-028693
5. Mulder RL, van der Pal HJ, Levitt GA, Skinner R, Kremer LC, Brown MC, Bárdi E, Windsor R, Michel G, Frey E. Transition guidelines: An important step in the future care for childhood cancer survivors. A comprehensive definition as groundwork. Eur J Cancer 2016; 54:64-8
6. Treatment of Cancer 6th Edition 2014 Sikora K, Price P.
Primary Bone Tumours. Cassoni A, Pollock R, Windsor R, Whelan J.
7. Windsor R, Strauss SJ, Kallis C, Wood N, Whelan J. Germline genetic polymorphisms may influence chemotherapy response and disease outcome in osteosarcoma: a pilot study. Cancer 2012 Apr 1; 118(7): 1856-67
8. Windsor R, Strauss SJ, Seddon B, Whelan J. Experimental Therapies in Ewing's Sarcoma. Expert Opinion On Investigational Drugs 2009; 18(2): 143-159
9. Windsor R, Stiller C, Webb D. Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma in Childhood- Population Based Experience in the United Kingdom over 20 years. Pediatric Blood and Cancer 2008 Apr; 50(4): 784-7