Dr Reena Davda is a consultant in clinical oncology at UCLH. Dr Davda qualified from Edinburgh Medical School in 2002. She trained in clinical oncology in leading cancer centres across London including UCLH and The Royal Marsden. Reena has undertaken research at University College London investigating signalling pathways in prostate cancer stem like cells.
Dr Davda specialises in the management of prostate and bladder cancer and practises at both University College London Hospital and Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow.
Alongside her clinical and academic practice, she is also involved in teaching, training and supervision of junior doctors and research fellows.
Clinical trials in prostate cancer and bladder cancer, radiotherapy, physics, HDR brachytherapy, imaging in urological malignancy, patient reported outcomes
- M. Stancliffe, D. Pendse, H. Payne, A. Mitra, U. McGovern, R. Davda. (2020). Early Prostate-specific Antigen Response in Men Undergoing Oncological Management for High-Risk Non-metastatic Prostate Cancer, Clinical Oncology, Volume 32, (7): 478-479,
- W. Kinnaird, R. Davda, H. Payne. (2020). Single-Centre Experience of the Use of Palliative Radiotherapy in Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer between 2003/2004 and 2018/2019, Clinical Oncology, Volume 32, (6): 410-411
- Adeleke, S., Latifoltojar, A., Sidhu, H. et al. (2019). Localising occult prostate cancer metastasis with advanced imaging techniques (LOCATE trial): a prospective cohort, observational diagnostic accuracy trial investigating whole–body magnetic resonance imaging in radio-recurrent prostate cancer. BMC Med Imaging 19, 90
- Prentice M, Davda R, Nuhoglu Savas A, Payne H. (2018). Toxicity Outcomes in the Elderly Prostate Cancer Patient. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 30(1):e37
- Davda R, Hughes S, Jones R, Crabb SJ, Troup J, Payne H. (2016). Chemotherapy at First Diagnosis of Advanced Prostate Cancer - Revolution or Evolution? Findings from a British Uro-oncology Group UK Survey to Evaluate Oncologists' Views on First-line Docetaxel in Combination with Androgen Deprivation Therapy in Castrate-sensitive Metastatic and High-risk/Locally Advanced Prostate Cancer. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 28(6):376-85
- Payne H, Davda R, Jones R, Crabb S, Troup J, Hughes S. (2015). Advances in advanced prostate cancer - the continuing journey. BJU Int. 118: 17-19.
- Arya M, Thrasivoulou C, Millar M, Hamblin R, Davda R, Masters JR, Muneer, Ahmed A. (2015). Targets of Wnt/ß-catenin transcription show over-expression in penile carcinoma. PLoS One. 22;10(4)
- Payne H, Khan A, Chowdhury S, Davda R. (2013). Hormone therapy for radiorecurrent prostate cancer. World J Urol. 31(6):1333-8
- Payne H, Davda R, Feneley M . Chapter 15: ‘Recent advances in hormonal therapy’ In ABC of Prostate Cancer Ed: Dasgupta P, Kirby R. Pub: Wiley-Blackwell
- Seddon BM, Davda R. (2011). Uterine sarcomas—Recent progress and future challenges. Eur J Radiol. 78(1):30-40
- Davda R, Bloomfield D, Payne H (2010). Management of locally advanced prostate cancer. Trends in Urology & Men's Health, 1: 35–38.
- Payne H, Davda R (2010). Gonadotrophin-Releasing Hormone (GnRH) Receptor Antagonists – A New Approach to Androgen Deprivation Therapy. Prostate cancer forum
- Davda R, Davies S, Kumaran T. (2009). Splenic irradiation in the management of Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia. Leuk Lymphoma. Jun;50(6):1047-9.
- Davda R, Seddon BM. (2007). Mechanisms and management of non-islet cell tumour hypoglycaemia in gastrointestinal stromal tumour: case report and a review of published studies. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 19(4):265-8.