Dr Sanjeev Bhattacharyya is a consultant cardiologist at both University College London Hospital and Barts Heart Centre, St Bartholomew's Hospital. His main sub-specialty interests are advanced heart failure, general cardiology, valvular heart disease and advanced echocardiography.
He was awarded an MD from University College London for research into acquired heart valve disease and continues to lead research in this area. He sits on several national committes within the British Society of Echocardiography and British Heart Valve Society.
Advanced heart failure, echocardiography, valvular heart disease
More than 60 peer-reviewed publications.
Selected publications include:
- Bhattacharyya S, Lloyd G. Improving Appropriateness and Quality in Cardiovascular Imaging: A review of the evidence. Circulation Imaging 2015;8: e003988
- Gujral DM, Lloyd G, Bhattacharyya S. Provision, Organisation & Clinical Utility of Cardio-Oncology Services for Detection of Cardiac Toxicity In Cancer Patients. J Am Coll Cardiol 2016 In Press.
- Gujral DM, Lloyd G, Bhattacharyya S. Radiation-Induced Valvular Heart Disease. Heart 2016;102:269-276.
- Bhattacharyya S, Pavitt C, Lloyd G, Chambers JB. Provision, Organisation & Models Of Heart Valve Clinics Within The United Kingdom. QJM 2014;113-117.
- Bhattacharyya S, Kamperidis V, Chahal N, Roussin I, Shah B, Li W, Khattar R, Senior R. Clinical And Prognostic Value of Stress Echocardiography Appropriateness Criteria For Evaluation Of Coronary Artery Disease in a Tertiary Referral Centre. Heart 2014;100:370-374.
- Bhattacharyya S, James R, Rimington H, Allen J, Lee L, Fox K, Masani ND, Lloyd G. Development of a National Echocardiography Quality Improvement Programme: Insights into Feasibility, Uptake and Clinical Utility. European Heart Journal Cardiovascular Imaging 2014;15:747-752.
- Bhattacharyya S, Kamperidis V, Shah B, Roussin I, Chahal N, Li W, Khattar R, Senior R. Clinical Utility And Prognostic Value Of Appropriateness Criteria In Stress Echocardiography for Evaluation Of Valvular Heart Disease. J Am Coll Cardiol Imaging 2013;6:987-993.
- Bhattacharyya S, Khattar R, Chahal N, Moat N, Senior R. Dynamic Assessment of Stenotic Valvular Heart Disease By Stress Echocardiography. Circulation: Cardiovascular Imaging 2013;6:583-589
- Bhattacharyya S, Hayward C, Pepper JR, Senior R. Risk Stratification in Asymptomatic Severe Aortic Stenosis: A Critical Review. European Heart Journal 2012;33:2377-2387.
- Bhattacharyya S, Schapira AH, Mikhailidis DP, Davar J. Drug-Induced Fibrotic Valvular Heart Disease. The Lancet 2009;374:577-585.
- Bhattacharyya S, Davar J, Dreyfus G, Caplin ME. Carcinoid Heart Disease. Circulation 2007; 116:2860-2865.