Dr Toby Hillman is a consultant in respiratory and general (internal) medicine. He has a specialist interest in pleural disease, and is clinical lead for the UCLH Pleural Service.
Dr Hillman trained in Nottingham, and completed his higher training on the North East Thames Respiratory Rotation. He has worked at UCLH as a consultant since 2013.
Since May 2020 Dr Hillman has worked in the UCLH post-COVID clinic, providing care to patients with complications of COVID and ongoing symptoms of the post-COVID syndrome.
Outside of his direct clinical practice, Dr Hillman has an interest in healthcare sustainability, and works with the Royal College of Physicians as a special advisor on health inequalities (sustainability).
- Pleural disease
- Post-COVID syndrome
- The Lancet Countdown 2017 Report: A brief for UK Policymakers. The Lancet Countdown and Royal College of Physicians, London. 2017
- Wilkinson A, Hillman T, Hopkinson N, Janson C, Smith J, Woodcock A Our patients and our planet – holistic considerations for inhaler choice. Lancet Respiratory Medicine doi:?https://doi.org/10.1016/S2213-2600(19)30035-9
- Millar F, Hillman T. Managing chest drains on medical wards. BMJ 2018;363:k4639
- Hillman T, Sherbino J. Social Media in medical education: a new pedagogical paradigm? Postgrad Med J 91(1080):544-5
- Edmond H, Hillman T. Life threatening Complication of intramuscular injections for musculoskeletal back pain. BMJ 2015 23;351:h4638
- Hillman T, Mortimer F, and Hopkinson N. Inhaled drugs and global warming: time to shift to dry powders. BMJ 2013;346:f3359