Dr Srirangalingam is a consultant physician in endocrinology and diabetes at University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He graduated from the University of Edinburgh in 1999 and completed specialist training at St Bartholomew’s Hospital. He gained an NIHR clinical lectureship in 2010 and developed a clinical and research interest in the familial endocrine cancer syndromes. He was awarded a PhD in 2012 for work on the use of splicing therapeutics to modify hormonal expression.
He manages patients with all aspects of endocrine, diabetes and lipid disorders. His specialist interests include male infertility, congenital adrenal hyperplasia and Klinefelter syndrome service (KF-Xtra clinic) at UCLH.
- Male infertility
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia
- Klinefelter syndrome
- Familial endocrine cancer syndromes
- Pheochromocytoma and other diseases of the sympathetic nervous system. USrirangalingam, S.L. Chew. Acute Endocrinology: From Cause to Consequence. Series: Contemporary Endocrinology. Van den Berghe, Greet (Ed.) 2008.
- DNA diagnostics and exon skipping. U. Srirangalingam, S.L. Chew. ‘Methods in Molecular Biology: Exon skipping’. Humana Press. Aartsma-Rus, Annemieke (Ed.) 2012
- O'Toole SM, Watson DS, Novoselova TV et al. Oncometabolite induced primary cilia loss in pheochromocytoma. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2019 Jan 1;26(1):165-180 Hosadurg D, Srirangalingam U. Seasonal hypercalcaemia. QJM. 2018 Sep 1;111(9):645-646.
- Ruiz-Babot G, Balyura M, Hadjidemetriou I et al. Modeling Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia and Testing Interventions for Adrenal Insufficiency Using Donor-Specific Reprogrammed Cells. Cell Rep. 2018 Jan 30;22(5):1236-1249.
- Tufton N, Ghelani R, Srirangalingam U et al. SDHA mutated paragangliomas may be at high risk of metastasis. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2017 Jul;24(7): L43-L49.
- Srirangalingam U, LeCain M, Tufton N et al. Four generations of SDHB-related disease: complexities in management. Fam Cancer. 2017 Apr;16(2):279-282.
- Srirangalingam U, Gunganah K, Carpenter R et al. Phaeochromocytoma and Paraganglioma Excision Involving the Great Vessels. EJVES Short Rep. 2017 Mar 27;35:1-6.
- Tufton N, Shapiro L, Srirangalingam U et al. Outcomes of annual surveillance imaging in an adult and paediatric cohort of succinate dehydrogenase B mutation carriers. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2017 Feb;86(2):286-296
- Srirangalingam U, Banerjee A, Patki P et al. Succinate Dehydrogenase B (SDHB)-Associated Bladder Paragangliomas. Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2017 Feb;15(1):e131-e136.
- Dénes J, Swords F, Rattenberry E et al. Heterogeneous genetic background of the association of pheochromocytoma/paraganglioma and pituitary adenoma: results from a large patient cohort. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015 Mar;100(3):E531-41
- Pittaway JF, Srirangalingam U, Hanson PL et al. Renal replacement therapy as a treatment for severe refractory hypercalcemia. Minerva Endocrinol. 2014 Sep;39(3):231-3.
- Srirangalingam U, Akker SA, Norman D et al. Multiple tandem splicing silencer elements suppress aberrant splicing within the long exon 26 of the human Apolipoprotein B gene. BMC Mol Biol. 2013 Feb 7;14:5.
- Jafri M, Whitworth J, Rattenberry E et al. Evaluation of SDHB, SDHD and VHL gene susceptibility testing in the assessment of individuals with non-syndromic phaeochromocytoma, paraganglioma and head and neck paraganglioma. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2013 Jun;78(6):898-906.
- Sehgal V, Vijayan S, Yasmin S et al. Normocalcaemic tetany. Clin Med (Lond). 2011 Dec;11(6):594-5.
- Matos AC, Srirangalingam U, Barry T, Grossman AB. Cushing's syndrome with low levels of serum cortisol: the role of inhaled steroids. Clin Med (Lond). 2011 Aug;11(4):404-5.
- Igreja S, Chahal HS, King P et al. Characterization of aryl hydrocarbon receptor interacting protein (AIP) mutations in familial isolated pituitary adenoma families. Hum Mutat. 2010 Aug;31(8):950-60.
- David A, Srirangalingam U, Metherell LA et al. Repair of aberrant splicing in growth hormone receptor by antisense oligonucleotides targeting the splice sites of a pseudoexon. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010 Jul;95(7):3542-6.
- Srirangalingam U, Khoo B, Matson M et al. SDHD-related chromaffin tumours: disease localisation to genetic dysfunction. Horm Res Paediatr. 2010;73(2):135-9.
- Ricketts CJ, Forman JR, Rattenberry E et al. Tumor risks and genotype-phenotype-proteotype analysis in 358 patients with germline mutations in SDHB and SDHD. Hum Mutat. 2010 Jan;31(1):41-51.
- Selvaratnam R, Srirangalingam U, Ahmad S et al. Thrombolysis beyond 3 hours for acute ischaemic stroke. Emerg Med J. 2009 Oct;26(10):756-7.
- Srirangalingam U, Khoo B, Walker L et al. Contrasting clinical manifestations of SDHB and VHL associated chromaffin tumours. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2009 Jun;16(2):515-25.
- Srirangalingam U, Pollard P, Howarth K et al. Loss of heterozygosity in SDHB locus on chromosome 1 in a subject with a metastatic papillary type II renal cell carcinoma. BMJ Case Reports 2009: https://casereports.bmj.com/content/2009/bcr.08.2008.0732.responses