Dr Katherine Clesham is a consultant haematologist specialising in the treatment of teenagers and young adults with acute leukaemia and patients undergoing stem cell transplantation and CAR-T therapy.
She undertook a PhD investigating novel therapies in acute myeloid leukaemia at Great Ormond Street Hospital and UCL. She completed her specialist haematology training at UCLH and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Acute myeloid lymphoblastic (AML)
Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia ( ALL)
- ARHGEF4 Regulated and Essential Oncogenic Program in t(12:21-Associated Acture Lymphoblastic Leukaemia. Virely C, Gasparoli L, Mangolini M, Clesham K, Inglott S, Edwards D, Adams S, Bartram J, Samarasinghe S, Ancliff P, Vora A, de Boer J, Williams O. Hemasphere. 2020 Sep 11;4(5):e467
- Blinatumomab for Infant Lymphoblastic Leukaemia. Clesham K et al. Blood. 2020 Apr 3;135(17):1501-1504
- Real-world Outcomes With Rituximab-based Therapy for Posttransplant Lymphoporliferative Disease Arising After Solid Organ Transplant. Burns DM, Clesham K, et al. Transplantation. 2020 Dec;104(12):2582-2590
- Diagnosis and management of childhood aplastic anaemia. Clesham, K et al. Paediatrics and Child Health, Volume 29, Issue 8, 327 – 333
- Impact of T-cell depletion strategies on outcomes following hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for idiopathic aplastic anemia: A study on behalf of the European blood and marrow transplant (EMBT) severe aplastic anemia working party. Samarasinghe S, Clesham K et al. Am J Hematol. 2019 Jan;94(1):80-86.
- A new prognostic model for myeloma patients relapsing from upfront autologous transplantation based on ISS and PFS1. Chavda SJ, Maciocia PM, Mesiri P, Counsell N, Kothari J, Bird A, Mariner C, Chew A, Clesham K, Moore S, Percy L, Rismani A, D'Sa S, Rabin N, Popat R, Yong K. Br J Haematol. 2018 Jul 9.
- Upfront Matched Unrelated Donor Transplantation in Aplastic Anemia. Clesham, Katherine et al. Hematology/Oncology Clinics , Volume 32 , Issue 4 , 619 - 628
- Veerareddy S, Clesham K, Cohen H, Peebles D. Chapter 6: Pregnancy Morbidity associated with Hereditary and acquired thrombophilia. Disorders of Thrombosis and Haemostasis in Pregnancy. Veerareddy S, Clesham K, Cohen H, 2nd edn. Springer. 2015.