Miss Andrich is a consultant reconstructive urological surgeon working together with Professor AR Mundy forming one of the leading reconstructive urology units world-wide with particular expertise in all aspects of urethral reconstruction, all types of compliations arising from prostate cancer treatments, repair of complex urological fistulae and other urological aetiologies requiring reconstructive surgery.
As a full-time consultant, Miss Andrich operates two days/week at UCLH.
Miss Andrich is an honorary senior lecturer at UCL and organises the annual post-graduate masterclass in genito-urethral surgery, held at the Education Centre of UCLH in association with the British Association of Genito-Urinary Reconstructive surgeons (BAGURS) and the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Urethral stricture disease
- Pelvic fracture
- Urethral injury prevention
- Surgical managment of iatrogenic urethral injury
- Reply from Authors re: Guido Barbagli, Massimo Lazzeri. Patient's Reported Outcome and Reconstructive Urethral Surgery: A "First Toe in the Water". Eur Urol 2011;60:69-71.
- Mundy AR, Jackson MJ, Andrich DE, Chapple CR, N'dow JM, Pickard RS. Eur Urol. 2011 Jul;60(1):71.
- Defining a patient-reported outcome measure for urethral stricture surgery. Jackson MJ, Sciberras J, Mangera A, Brett A, Watkin N, N'dow JM, Chapple CR, Andrich DE, Pickard RS, Mundy AR. Eur Urol. 2011 Jul;60(1):60-8.
- Urethral strictures. Mundy AR, Andrich DE. BJU Int. 2011 Jan;107(1):6-26.
- Urorectal fistulae following the treatment of prostate cancer. Mundy AR, Andrich DE. BJU Int. 2010 Sep 30.
- Entero-urethroplasty for the salvage of bulbo-membranous stricture disease or trauma. Mundy AR, Andrich DE. BJU Int. 2010 Jun;105(12):1716-20.
- A Fellowship programme in reconstructive urological surgery: what is it and what is it for? Andrich DE, Mundy AR. BJU Int. 2010 Jul;106(1):108-11.
- Pelvic fracture-related injuries of the bladder neck and prostate: their nature, cause and management. Mundy AR, Andrich DE. BJU Int. 2010 May;105(9):1302-8.
- What is the best technique for urethroplasty? Andrich DE, Mundy AR. Eur Urol. 2008 Nov;54(5):1031-41.
- Proposed mechanisms of lower urinary tract injury in fractures of the pelvic ring. Andrich DE, Day AC, Mundy AR. BJU Int. 2007 Sep;100(3):567-73.
- Standing the test of time: the long-term results of urethroplasty. Wood DN, Andrich DE, Greenwell TJ, Mundy AR. World J Urol. 2006 Aug;24(3):250-4.
- Treatment of pelvic fracture-related urethral trauma: a survey of current practice in the UK. Andrich DE, Greenwell TJ, Mundy AR. BJU Int. 2005 Jul;96(1):127-30.
- Structural assessment of the urethral sphincter in women with urinary retention. Andrich DE, Rickards D, Landon DN, Fowler CJ, Mundy AR. J Urol. 2005 Apr;173(4):1246-51.
- Peritoneal and perineal anatomy and surgical approaches. Wood DN, Nethercliffe J, Andrich DE, Greenwell TJ, Mundy AR. BJU Int. 2004 Sep;94(5):719-37.
- Retroperitoneal and transthoracic anatomy and surgical approaches. Nethercliffe J, Wood DN, Andrich DE, Greenwell TJ, Mundy AR. BJU Int. 2004 Sep;94(5):705-18.
- The morbidity of buccal mucosal graft harvest for urethroplasty and the effect of nonclosure of the graft harvest site on postoperative pain. Wood DN, Allen SE, Andrich DE, Greenwell TJ, Mundy AR. J Urol. 2004 Aug;172(2):580-3
- Repeat urethrotomy and dilation for the treatment of urethral stricture are neither clinically effective nor cost-effective. Greenwell TJ, Castle C, Andrich DE, MacDonald JT, Nicol DL, Mundy AR. J Urol. 2004 Jul;172(1):275-7.
- Outcome analysis and patient satisfaction following octant transrectal ultrasound-guided prostate biopsy: a prospective study comparing consultant urologist, specialist registrar and nurse practitioner in urology. Henderson A, Andrich DE, Pietrasik ME, Higgins D, Montgomery B, Langley SE. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2004;7(2):122-5
- The type of urethroplasty for a pelvic fracture urethral distraction defect cannot be predicted preoperatively. Andrich DE, O'Malley KJ, Summerton DJ, Greenwell TJ, Mundy AR. J Urol. 2003 Aug;170(2 Pt 1):464-7
- The long-term results of urethroplasty. Andrich DE, Dunglison N, Greenwell TJ, Mundy AR. J Urol. 2003 Jul;170(1):90-2
- The problems of penile urethroplasty with particular reference to 2-stage reconstructions. Andrich DE, Greenwell TJ, Mundy AR. J Urol. 2003 Jul;170(1):87-9
- Urethroplasty for refractory anterior urethral stricture. Joseph JV, Andrich DE, Leach CJ, Mundy AR. J Urol. 2002 Jan;167(1):127-9.
- The Barbagli procedure gives the best results for patch urethroplasty of the bulbar urethra. Andrich DE, Leach CJ, Mundy AR. BJU Int. 2001 Sep;88(4):385-9.
- The nature of urethral injury in cases of pelvic fracture urethral trauma. Andrich DE, Mundy AR. J Urol. 2001 May;165(5):1492
- Substitution urethroplasty with buccal mucosal-free grafts. Andrich DE, Mundy AR
- Urethral strictures and their surgical treatment. Andrich DE, Mundy AR