Miss Ghada Salman works as a consultant gynaecologist at the Gynaecology Diagnostic and Outpatient Treatment Unit at University College London Hospitals. After qualifying in 1994, she specialised in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, undertaking postgraduate training in North-West London including Chelsea and Westminster and Queen Charlotte hospitals, and developing a specialist interest in benign gynaecology, emergency gynaecology and early pregnancy care before becoming a consultant in 2011.
She has also completed a master’s degree (MSc) in the Ultrasound of Gynaecology and Early Pregnancy at King’s College London University. In addition to early pregnancy scan and management, Miss Salman manages patients with a wide range of benign gynaecological conditions including fibroids, adenomyosis, heavy or irregular periods and ovarian cysts. She also has a special interest and expertise in urological mesh scanning, and she is part of the London Complex Mesh Centre. She also performs different gynaecological surgeris including open, laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery and she is the current clinical Audit lead for Gynaecology at University College Hospital.
Miss Salman is an active committee member of the British Society for Gynaecological Imaging (BSGI) and has published many papers and presented her work on early pregnancy, gynaecological ultrasound, and endoscopic gynaecology both nationally and internationally. She is also the author of numerous scientific chapters and papers in this field.
- Benign gynaecology
- Early pregnancy
- Ectopic Pregnancy and Pregnancy of Unknown Location. Ultrasound in Assisted Reproduction and Early Pregnancy. Taylor and Francis group (2020).
- Ectopic pregnancy and pregnancy of unknown location. Managing Ultrasonography in human reproduction. A Practical Handbook. Springer International Publishing (2017).
- Ectopic pregnancy. Obstetrics and Gynaecology: An Evidence-Based Text for MRCOG. Third edition. Taylor and Francis group. CRC press (2016).
- Ali R, Salman G, Jurkovic D (2016). Single-visit strategy for women with pregnancies of unknown location. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology; 48 (S1)
- Ali R, Gunesekera A, Salman G (2016). A case of parasitic leiomyoma. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology; 48 Suppl 1:386.
- Salman M, Derdelis G, Salman G (2015) Use of elastography in the diagnosis of endometrial lesions. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology; 46 (S1):120-121
- Bean E, Doufekas, K, Salman, G, Cutner, A, Jurkovic, D (2015) Diagnostic and Intra-operative Challenges for Ovarian Ectopic Pregnancy, Including Ovarian Conservation (Abstract). BSGE congress. London, UK.
- Bean E, Dwyer, R, Salman, G. (2015) HyCoSy: A step in the right direction for the fertility work up (Abstract). RCOG conference. BJOG: Abstracts of the RCOG World Congress 2015.
- Shah A, Edwards, R.G.A, Salman, G, Sadoon, S. (2014) Laparoscopic management of an interstitial pregnancy in a sub-fertility patient: A case report depicting the challenges to diagnose and manage this rare condition. European Journal of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, vol. 179
- Sinha S, Salman G. (2014) Practice of outpatient hysteroscopy in a London teaching hospital (Abstract). ESGE 23rd Annual congress. Belgium, Brussels.
- Salman G (2014). How good are the sonographic markers in detecting endometrial polyps? A systematic review and metanalysis. Ultrasound in Obstetrics & Gynecology; 44 (Suppl. 1): 62–180.
- Salman G. (2014) Which sonographic marker is most likely to represent endometrial polyp on ultrasound examination? A systematic review and meta-analysis (Abstract). ISUOG conference. Barcelona, Spain.
- Tzafettas M, Salman G. (2011) Novasure. Patient Selection and Outcome (Abstract). 9th International Scientific Meeting of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. Athens.
- Nikalaou D, Salman G, Richardson R (2009). Operative hysteroscopy in the outpatient setting: Its role within a Gynaecology service. Gynecological Surgery. 6(1): 21-24.
- Salman G, Stalder C (2009). Management of PUL. 8th International Scientific Meeting of RCOG. (Abstract Documentation).
- Salman G, Irvine L (2008). ‘Ectopic pregnancy, the need for standardization of rate’. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 28(1): 32-5.
- Salman G, Bose P, Lupton M (2007). “Learning from mistakes”. Proceeding the SpROGs 2007 Cardiff (Abstract Documentation).
- Sadoon S, Salman G, Smith G, Henson C & McCullough W (2007) ‘Ultrasonographic endometrial thickness for diagnosing endometrial pathology in postmenopausal bleeding’. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 27(4): 407-409.
- Sadoon S, Salman G, Kirwan P (2006) ‘Thermal Balloon Endometrial Ablation (Cavaterm) in the management of menorrhagia’. A patient survey. Journal of Obstetrics & Gynaecology. 26 (8): 804-805.