Simon is a consultant and registered specialist in dental and maxillofacial radiology. He completed specialist training at Guy’s and St Thomas’ before moving to UCLH in 2020. His subspecialty clinical interests are dentoalveolar cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) and salivary gland interventional radiology.
He has an interest in dentolegal disputes and holds a Masters degree in Medical Law and Ethics from the King’s College London School of Law. He sits on The DDU Dental Advisory Committee and acts as an independent expert witness.
3D dental imaging
- Processes and procedures in CBCT referrals, The DDU journal, Autumn 2020, Harvey SC, https://ddujournal.theddu.com/issue-archive/autumn-2020/processes-and-procedures-in-cbct-referrals
- Harvey, S., Patel, S. Guidelines and template for reporting on CBCT scans. Br Dent J 228, 15–18 (2020).
- Harvey, S., Ball, F., Brown, J. et al. 'Non-standard' panoramic programmes and the unusual artefacts they produce. Br Dent J 223, 248–252 (2017).
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography in Endodontics (book). Quintessence, 2016
- Tension pneumocephalus: the neurosurgical emergency equivalent of tension pneumothorax. BJR Case Rep 2016; 2: 20150127
- Endgames : Diagnostic parotid sialogram. BMJ 2013;
- Dense bone islands in pediatric patients: a case series study, European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry(2021)
- Guidelines for reporting on CBCT scans, International Endodontic Journal, 2020
- Processes and procedures in CBCT referrals, The DDU Journal, Autumn 2020
- Guidelines and template for reporting on CBCT scans. British Dental Journal 228, 15–18 (2020).
- 'Non-standard' panoramic programmes and the unusual artefacts they produce. British Dental Journal 223, 248–252 (2017).