Dr Zahra Hussain is a consultant in restorative dentistry within the periodontology department at the Royal National ENT and Eastman Dental Hospitals.
She graduated with an honours dental degree from Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas ’ Dental School as well as an intercalated Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. She went on to work within General Dental Practice and at the Royal London Hospital as a senior house officer in restorative dentistry. She then undertook a post in oral and maxillofacial surgery prior to embarking on specialist training in Restorative dentistry as well as a Masters in conservative dentistry at the Eastman Dental Hospital.
Management of toothwear
Dental implants and peri-implant diseases
Fixed and removable prosthodontics
- Crown lengthening surgery: An overview. Kalsi, H., Bomfim D., Hussain, Z., Rodriguez, J., Darbar U. Prim Dent J. 2019;8(4):48-53
- Factors affecting decision making at reassessment of periodontitis. Part 1: History and examination at reassessment. Br Dent J. 2019 Oct; 227(8): 673-680.
- Factors affecting decision making at reassessment of periodontitis. Part 2: interpretation of clinical findings – systemic factors. Br Dent J. 2019 Nov; 227(9): 797-801.
- Factors affecting decision making at reassessment of periodontitis. Part 3: interpretation of clinical findings – local factors. Br Dent J. 2019 Nov; 227(10): 869-874.
- Factors affecting decision making at reassessment of periodontitis. Part 4: treatment options for residual periodontal pockets. Br Dent J. 2019 Dec; 227(11): 967-974.
- Has the quality of reporting in periodontology changed in 14 years? A systematic review. Leow, N., Hussain, Z., Petrie, A., Donos N., Needleman, I. A. J Clin Periodontology 2016; 43: 833 – 838.
- An update on crown-lengthening Part 1: Gingival tissue excess Kalsi, P. Hussain, Z., Darbar. Dental Update 2015; 42: 144-153
- Colonisation of dentures by Staphyloccoccus aureus and MRSA in out-patient and in-patient populations. Lewis N., Parmar, N., Hussain Z., Baker G., Green, I., Howlett, J., Kearns, A., Cookson, B., McDonald A., Wilson, M., Ready D. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis, 2015, 34(9); 1823-1826